BSOD WIN 8.1U1 0xc000021 [M953]

Hi Avitar,
According to the bug _Blue Screen after installing CIS in WIN 8.1U1 on AMD Processor , here are the methods you could try:

1. Remove cmdcsr.dll
  2. Remove guard64.dll
  3. Remove cmdguard.sys
    Could you please verify these items, then we can see if it is caused by these modules. Thank you very much.

i got same error in here, clean installed 8.1 MSDN

COMODO please fix.

how to fix this issue?

Did any of the suggestions provided by xuhongmei help? Please work with them to figure out the cause of this.

Thanks.

hey ,
i formatted again my lap & now i’m updating to 8.1 update 1
after that, i’ll install CIS

last time i did not update to 8.1 update 1 or any major update, after installed MSDN version (SHA1: f9ac831f06a760c722df0df34f1b9397 File name : SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_8.1_64BIT_English_MLF_X18-96634.ISO) i installed CIS & got this blue screen

let’s see what happen this time, BUT … BUT comodo need to FIX this error

hmm i can’t edit last reply,

I’m using Intel Core i3 3rd gen processor not AMD, this is not processor issue. & i don’t like to remove any files

oh developers can download MSDN version using google search. :stuck_out_tongue:

btw how long take to issue bug fix version?

Suxter, xuhongmei is Comodo staff and is trying to work with you to figure out if they can narrow down what may be causing this. The problem is that they cannot replicate this on their computers. Thus, they are forced to come up with possible solutions, or at least things which may narrow down the issue, and ask you to try the ideas.

Also, replies in this section of the forum cannot be edited. This is due to the set permissions, which cannot be changed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

oh . :wink: i thought he is Newbie like me :P. he has NEWBIE title. sorry now already formatted my system & tomorrow i’ll update to 8.1 update 1. then I’ll install CIS & do his suggestion.

seems like, it just for testing purpose right? hmm I’ll install win 8.1 MSDN on virtual PC & help to COMODO soon if i have time.
thanks

Thanks. Just so you know for the future, only staff are allowed to have an avatar which reads staff. If any other user were to try and use that the Mods would quickly remove it. Thus, staff will always have an avatar like that, although the post count may not be too high. This is because most of their work is done off the forums.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks.

thanks to forum settings, already disable avatars & signatures. so i can’t identify :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry for off topic , MODs pls delete i you want :wink:

Okay,

1. Installed Windows 8.1 MSDN, updated fully

2. Installed CIS

3. Got error & BLUE screen like above picture in avitors post
    4.Removed these 2 files in same time. file no 1 can’t delete
    2. Remove guard64.dll
    3. Remove cmdguard.sys

4. restarted, Still no blue screen, defense + not working, clicked FIX button
    6.Diagnostics started but after got a MSG that can’t fix
    7.Search again for files , seems all removed files restored , but still no BLUE screen( defense + not working for some reasons )

thanks

8. Removed CIS, can’t work with blue screen risk.
9.Installed ESET NOD32 ( got 2 months promotion key)
10.as a long time user, waiting for COMODO fixing this problem. >:( >:( >:(

anything from DEVs

I’m sorry, but I have no new information at this time.

Hi Avitar,
I’m a member of COMODO CIS. According to the bug _Blue Screen after installing CIS in WIN 8.1U1 on AMD Processor.
Does the BSOD still happen in your computer?
If it still happen, you could rename the cmdguard.sys in drivers folder and restart your computer

Hi,

Same issues here. After 8.1 Update 1 it all went haywire. RPC error, blue screen, etc.

The same problem. Windows 8.1 Update 1, on Intel i3-3110m.

Has anyone tried the advice provided by xuhongmei? If so, does it help?

Thanks.

Hello My Friend,
I haven’t been on these forums lately because I am using Bitdefender Internet Security now. I got a 3 years free licence in a giveaway promotion and it doesn’t make me BSOD :slight_smile: I also switched everyone in the company I work for over to bitfedender and so far, no complains. I’m sorry if 76 of your paid licences were not renewed this year. We can’t afford the Blue Screens anymore. It makes us look bad :frowning:

However… I can install CIS again and test your fix. Do you want me to do so? I can. But wouldn’t disabling the guard driver make the anitivirus protection useless?

Knowing whether that fix works or not is very important in identifying the cause behind this issue. Therefore, is possible please to reinstall and check it. However, please do make sure the BSOD still happens if you install it normally before you try the fix.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

I assume that users reporting errors after April 17th 2014 are using version 7.0.317799.4142 of CIS. I have a new 64-bit Win8.1U1 PC with an Intel processor, and I would like to install just the Comodo firewall before connecting to the internet and doing a Windows Update. Does this blue screen problem occur by installing only the Comodo firewall?