BSOD When Running On-Demand Scan [M829]

While CIS was performing on-demand scan of a folder with thousands of malware samples, Windows crashed and was unable to reboot. I had to shutdown virtual machine and restart it.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 000000FF
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 82C3CFD0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

1. Diagnostics report as attachment to your post

2. The full product and its version
    CIS 7.0.308911.4080 BETA

3. Your Operating System
    Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 32-bit running on VMware Player 6.0.1

4. List all the configuration changes you did.
    Default IS with Auto-sandbox set to Fully Virtualized

5. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?
    No

6. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed
    MBAM Free, CCleaner

7. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    Can not reproduce again. It happened only once.

8. What actually happened when you carried out these steps
    N/A

9. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious)
    N/A

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please upload the full kernel dump to a file sharing site, such as this one and paste the download link in your first post. If you did not have your VM set to create a full kernel dump, please change the setting so that it does and replicate this BSOD. The reason for this is that the feedback from the devs has made it clear to me that in the vast majority of cases they need a full dump in order to replicate and fix these sort of bugs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

1. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
    Can not reproduce again. It happened only once.

In that case I will forward this to the devs as is. However, I expect that they will likely respond that a full dump is required. If possible, please alter your settings such that a full dump will be created should this every happen again. This way you will have plenty of information to supply to the devs.

Thanks.

Thanks, Chiron. :wink:

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

this crash is caused by ToolwizTM.sys

Thank you for looking into this. Will this incompatibility be fixed for the next release?

As this was not fixed during the Beta testing period I will move this bug report to the main Bug Reporting Board.

Please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Siketa, are you still experiencing this with the new Beta? If you are please create a Complete Memory Dump, put that dump in a zip file, upload it to a file sharing site, and include a download link in your reply. Without this the devs do not have enough information to fix this problem.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

I’m sorry, but without a Full Memory Dump the devs cannot replicate this. I will therefore move this to Resolved. If you are still experiencing this please make sure a Full Memory Dump is created. I can then forward this to the devs again.

Thanks.