BSOD when connecting to Cisco VPN

Hi,

Since installing Comodo Personal Firewall as my only firewall, I’ve been getting BSODs when connecting to my work’s Cisco VPN using Cisco VPN client. I’m able to enter my VPN username and password, which the VPN accepts, and then once I get through to my work’s Terms and conditions agreement and click OK, it gives me a BSOD.

I receive a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and sometimes an error related to tcpip.sys (spelling?)

I’ve tried reinstalling the firewall and then reinstalling the VPN and vice versa, but to no avail. I’ve also enabled and disabled the Stateful firewall option on the Cisco VPN client too, but again to no avail.

I’ve tried deleting the Zonealarm-related files mentioned in some posts but that didn’t help.

Cisco VPN version 4.8.01.0300
Windows XP Home with all the latest updates
Comodo Personal Firewall - very latest version

I’ve looked through the forum trying to find a solution but I’ve yet to find one.

I uninstalled Comodo and installed ZoneAlarm Pro and that seems to work fine. I had Filesclab Personal Firewall before installing Comodo.

Can somebody please give me some guidance as I really want to use this software as it seems fantastic? (R)

Many Thanks

ps. I did a Kernel memory dump but it was 40mb zipped!!

Has anyone a solution for this please? :slight_smile: If bumping posts is inappropriate behaviour please let me know.

I really want to use Comodo Personal Firewall on my machine, as I’ve been very impressed with what I’ve seen so far, but I can’t until I resolve the VPN incompatibilities that I’m experiencing I’m unable to use it.

Thanks

J