BSoD on Win XP Prof SP-3 with latest CIS v6

I was installing Aion from NCsoft on my laptop, and opened KillSwitch to see what processes were going and then it BSoD. I used WhoCrashed and this is what it think caused the crash:
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 2/4/2013 7:07:06 AM EST your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020413-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: inspect.sys (inspect+0x23BD)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0x14, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFB59D113E)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\inspect.sys
product: COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver
company: COMODO
description: COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: inspect.sys (COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver, COMODO).
Google query: COMODO CUSTOM_ERROR

If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

OMG!! I wanted to Format this PC later in this month (been 30 months with same XP-SP3). Then install new Comodo Suite with latest Avira AV on the fresh OS…now I’ll drop this plan ;D

I also get a regular BSOD which two different BSOD diagnostic programs (WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView identify as probably being caused by Comodo’s driver for inspect.sys).

My computer is only about 2 months old and I installed XP SP3 from scratch on the clean new hard drive.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to avoid this annoying feature.

Fortunately, simply restarting the computer allows everything to resume but it is still annoying with the potential for losing data.

I also have Windows 7 and Windows 8 installed and, on the times that I occasionally these instead of XP, I do not recall getting this BSOD problem.

What version of CIS are you running?

I’m running version 6.1 - the latest version downloaded from Filehippo.

I’ve only installed the firewall - not the antivirus, Geek Buddy or Dragon.

This is worth a bug report.

If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

I am attaching the report given by the WhoCrashed program following my latest BSOD.

I am using Comodo version 6.1 on Windows XP SP3.

I have often thought previously, when using my old computers, that my DVD writer was at fault but i am n ow getting this BSOD on a brand new PC with 3GB RAM and a Duo Core Intel processor.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Best way to get this fixed is to provide Comodo with a full memory dump of the BSOD.
If anyone has them please let us know.

Please report this in the bug report board following the instructions I gave in the above.

Moderators are not Comodo employees. We are end users like yourself who happens to wear a badge…