BSOD on CLEAN Win 10.0.16299 + newest CIS

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
I am installing a clean Windows 10. It does not matter if it is RS3 or RS2. The first Thing after installing all Driver is to install CIS. I used the CIS Downloader (approx 5mb) It Downloads the CIS files. After that CIS launches and tells me, that the Virus signatures Need to be updated. After finishing it with 100% i have to restart the PC. When WIN 10 reboots, UEFI takes longer than normal to start and delivers me a blue Screen “UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP”. I reinstalled Windows now 6 times (i did not know that comodo is the program that creates this issue) but every time the same behaviour. On my other PC i am running same Windows Version with COMODO, but the PC was initially installed with an older win 10 Version. The PC wants to restore Windows after that. If i start in safe mode, pc works fine.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:Install Clean WIN 10 RS3
2:Install Drivers
3:Install CIS
4:Reboot
5:Bluescreen “UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP”
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
see above
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
working CIS
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
n.A.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
maybe Drivers?
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
nope

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS Downloader was used, hopefully the newest one, i tried this one aswell:

Comodo Internet Security Premium Offline Installer v10.0.0.6092 (Interim) http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_only_installer.exe

Size: 70.3 MB (73,804,768 bytes)
MD5: 5e7a4de551efc2e8a3d4dfba8f3d4566
SHA-1: 44f33d9f8501f004ace7c45abfe17aca222604c3

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
all on
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
no
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
no
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
n.A.
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
no
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
no
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
WIN 10 10.0.16299
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
no

Other Things: I checked “C:\Windows\Minidump”, ist empty, i cant find any DMP files. I guess thats because i used a Restore point in windows, and after the bluescreen it sets me back to the installation before COMODO.

Please try:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/partners/cispremium_installer_6100_08.exe

If you can still produce, we can investigate further.

Thanks
-umesh

Hello, just downloaded and installed. Windows was not clean, but set to Installation before comodo with “Windows restore Point”. (clean enough)???
Installation worked and completed with 100%, asked for restart. This time the BSOD was that hard, that there was not even Information collected (half a second of BSOD).
I was able to read “Kernel Mode” but that’s it.

After that I did not restore the pc, but entered safe mode. Checked C:\Windows\Minidump, its empty, aswell there is no .DMP
Then I checked the EVENT Log from windows:

Unfortunately its in german:

• Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “ShellHWDetection” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:
    {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}
  • Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “ShellHWDetection” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:
    {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}
  • Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “dps” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:
    {DDCFD26B-FEED-44CD-B71D-79487D2E5E5A}
  • Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “dps” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:
    {DDCFD26B-FEED-44CD-B71D-79487D2E5E5A}
  • Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “TokenBroker” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:
    Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.TokenBrokerInternal
  • Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “EventSystem” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:
    {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}
  • Fehler “1084” in DCOM, als der Dienst “TokenBroker” mit den Argumenten “Nicht verfügbar” gestartet wurde, um den folgenden Server zu verwenden:

:frowning: please help, regards

Please provide details of “step-2”, what drivers did you install?

First Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 295: It gives issues with WIN 10 RS3. So i installed “342.01” and then you need to enter Windows update and get an update, then ist working fine.
Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.0.0.1158
Intel Smart Connect driver ver:5.0.10.2907
Intel Lan driver ver:20.2
Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and utility ver:14.5.0.1081

Motherboard is H87 Pro4
After that, no devices are missing in device Manager and i am fine.

Thanks

Hi,
Seems specific drivers, we will see if we can create similar environment.
May you please check crash dump settings as shown in enclosed snap?

Thanks
-umesh

Hello, thanks for the hint, i got 2 DMP files in Minidump Folder.
I tried to attach, but DMP is not allowed. so i zipped the files.

Thanks

Thanks, we will check.

In teh mean time, could you please try full dump also if possible?

Thanks
-umesh

Ok, i found “MEMROY.DMP” directly at C:\Windows; Filesize 460MB after Zipping 68MB.
I have seen, that the max. allowed file size is 15MB, so i uploaded it to Dropbox and shared the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgfem7un7bzjfmn/MEMORY.zip?dl=0

Perfect!
Thanks.

Hi m0h,
Thanks for dump, we have identified the reason and fix will be available in upcoming CIS release, we will have BETA published soon.
In the mean time you can try Comodo Cloud Antivirus that provides similar default-deny protection.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi umesh,

Thank you for the help. By what time the BETA is going to be released and how am I getting the Information that it is available?

Hi m0h,
Within this month, when Beta is posted in forums, will PM you for verification.

Thanks
-umesh

Hello umesh,

Good news. Since my girlfriend complained about the grafics performance at some games i upgraded my graphics card.
I switched my GTX 295 with a GTX 570. I did not restore the pc from last time so comodo was installed. After switching the card and booting, everything works fine.

Thanks for the help
M0H

I have the exact same problem, same windows stop code, same unexpected kernel mode trap, same GTX 295 card,
I have had to reset the pc with fresh install of windows 4 times until i narrowed it down to when I re download CISpro which it does fine, but when I click to where I can put in a license key it wants to restart the pc and then I’m back to square one.
I too would like to know when this new version and fix is released, I saw an announcement for the release of 6476, but the date of that post was 1/11 before this post.

Hi crown71,
We hope to have a Beta out max by early next week.

Thanks
-umesh

Should be fixed with Comodo Internet Security v10.2.0.6504 - BETA. Please check thank you.