After some problems with BSOD after restart I consulted it with online support of Comodo an do on my Windows XP Pro SP3 this:
- restarted to windows recovery console, run chkdsk -r
- disconnect from internet
- uninstall my previous antivirus
- disabled builted-in Windows firewall
- clean my system including registry by Comodo System Cleaner (downloaded today before I started chat with online support)
- installed CIS (CIS_Setup_3.5.57173.439_XP_Vista_x32.exe)
- restarted as required after install
- get the BSOD 0x0000007B (0xF789E528, 0xC0000034, 0x0, 0x0)
- restarted to safe mode - the same BSOD
- restarted to Windows recovery console, run chkdsk -p
- restarted to safe mode with the same BSOD
- restarted to last working configuration
The CIS appears like found some error with instalation, icon in system tray had scratched red circle, repair tool and restart leads to previous BSOD.
The Comodo antivirus looks like working, when I try to start checking my pc I get 0x80004002 error.
I have my system installed on SATA drive, data on IDE drive, MB ASROCK K7NF2-RAID with AMD Sempron on 2GHz, 2GB RAM.