Browsers Not Able To Print When Sandboxed

Hi

I have CIS v6.0.264710.2708 on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit along with Comodo Dragon, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

None of the browsers will print when used in the virtual Kiosk, or when set up as individual applications with their own virtualised shortcut.

Anyone come across this or can suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help

Terry

Hi TerryWood,
See if the following bug report helps explain the situation.
Thanks.
Cannot print from some browsers using some drivers in Kiosk

Hi Captainsticks

We meet again.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes it does explain it (the bug report) Seems to be a bit of muddled thinking about whether the sandbox works this way or needs a revision.

Sandboxie accomplishes this with no problem. Not being able to print within the CIS sandbox would seriously limit its functionality. If Comodo insist on not providing functionality two things will happen 1) People will stop using CIS sandbox. 2) They will print unsandboxed, thus increasing the risk that the sandbox was designed to reduce.

Thanks for all your help Captainsticks. I wait with bated breath for a new version.

Terry

You are very welcome and yes let us all hope future versions improve functionality. :slight_smile:

I am having the same issues. I can’t find a way to fix it. No one in chat wants to help, they sent me to geek buddy (which I thought I paid for, but apparantly whatever I am payin doesn’t cover geekbuddy, so the link that chat gave me was refused but I was offered to purchase an upgrade that excluded geekbuddy to the pro suite I already have. Look I am disabled, used to be a computer nut and now it just hurts to much to sit here for hours trying to find a soluton. I guess I will continue to use IE to print from. So much for your security if I can’t use it to print.

Printing from the sandbox got disabled after a well known malware, which name escaped me, abused a vulnerability in the Spooler service. What can I say? One man’s security is another man’s convenience… :-\

it seems this is the current state of affairs? no print from browsers operating in CIS sandbox, no print preview? i’m using CIS 8.1 and Win 8.1

any workarounds?

if comodo had to disable this functionality, does doing the same print to pdf from sandboxie expose you to the same malware?