Bring back the features of the tray icon (POLL added)

+0.9 :slight_smile:

+100

Voted. The ability to toggle HIPS via tray icon was immensely useful.

If it is not brought back and if stop all traffic is not made more convenient i am getting rid of comodo. The GUI is a complete mess

+1

Some of the options in v5 are mot present in v6 like changing av settings etc.There is no on-access and setting s like those.

Its a waste of time putting those into the tray icon when you can access them within the program itself.
The only thing That needs to come back is the firewall connections tab.

There are a number of options that are still present in v6, that have been available from the tray menu, that are no longer available from the tray menu. Some people here in this thread even mention them and value the tray menu shortcuts for them.

Assuming it that it being a ā€œwaste of timeā€ means it shouldnā€™t be done, you rationale would preclude putting anything in the tray menu that is available within the program itself. I shouldnā€™t have to explain how utterly at odds that is with both the previous and current implementation of the tray menu.

Is this perhaps a case of ā€˜I donā€™t use it so the program doesnā€™t need itā€™ syndrome?

no it is not they are quicker and more convenient. who designs the gui and are the changes only for show? the old gui was fine.

+1 | voted yes

Agree +100

+1024 me want this

My Vote is also yes +100

Maybe add the Advanced Settings and logs as options aswell, the gui is slow to open about 5secs. and another 5secs. to open Advanced Settings.

At least it would be only one 5secs wait instead of two.

With 5.12 the gui appeared almost instantly.

Edit Found a workaround for this if you pin CIS to the windows task bar right click will allow these options plus anything else you have in the CIS taskbar.

It will take 6secs. instead of 5secs to open the gui as it opens two new processes but it goes direct to log and advanced options.

Thatā€™s true, gui opens slow, i hope this issue to be fixed in future 88)

I doubt it as it needs to open another process of Cis.exe for the Gui to run.

They maybe be able to reduce the Cpu usage at this time for me using 20/30% which can rise to 50% for about 5/6secs.

Same here! Thatā€™s sad :frowning:

This fancy interface itā€™s nice, but should also be light, not heavy on pc resources. Hopefully they would do something in this direction.

I like the shield shape better than the square.

Like me!

+1

+1K :slight_smile:

+1