Bootup Issue

I’m still having a problem with booting in windows 2000. Sometimes the machine will fail to boot.

It stops at the “Windows 2000” welcome screen with the progress meter at the bottom.

Current version. CPF 2.3.6.81

I have “secure host during bootup” checked, I wonder if this is the issue.

Seems to only occur on my machine with a Celeron 1.1ghz proc. It functions fine on my AMD Athlon or Pentium 4 machines.

"Secure hostwhile booting"can induce this sort of apparent hang. when you get your Win2K box to boot, open CPF and deselect this option. Once you reboot, it should befine.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Will this issue be addressed and fixed or left alone?

just curious.

Not certain on the status of this. My advice would be to turn this off.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Welp, I meant to say, I had checked “block all outgoing connections while booting” , sorry I had remembered it wrong from the beta version :slight_smile:

Anwyays, I am still getting bootup issues, no matter how I configure the firewall. I even totally uninstalled it, deleted all reg keys, and reinstalled. Same issue, I have to keep powering off and on until the machine boots.

Sometimes it also does not detect the services which are running at bootup. (services.exe lsass.exe)
nor does it detect that I have a udp connection on port 31038 for diskeeper. note, this is only a sometimes thing, not all the time. I have mentioned this before in the past.

additionally, the firewall is unable to block bogon’s, I am constantantly flooded from one src ip to destination ip 255.255.255.255 from port 67 to port 68 , with UDP. I set a rule to block the src IP (and moved the rule to #1 in the list) and it still comes through and is blocked by my packet filter instead (peer guardian).

I would very much like to see these problems fixed, as I am a big supporter of CPF :slight_smile:

If you want a detailed list of my machine specs, I can make one for you with Sandra Lite or so.