Boot times of 3 mins or more experienced under Win XP x32 [M348] [v6]

This is starting to look like a conflict with CIS V6.1 and XP with SP3 only.
Is anyone experiencing this issue with XP SP2?

A)

1. YES

2. YES 2 machines SP1 & SP3

3. YES always do it

4. Lock 3 minutes or more depeding of machine power (look like a “no end loop calculation”)

5. no software conflit machine different, softwares differents, no other security softwares

6. No

7. I use last version of Free CSI since 2 month. To fix problem => Remove comodo ! :o
    Problem exist only since last updates of the last week
    I have not change or I have not added different FW settings since 3 weeks !
    I have not added new softwares and windows update is OFF !

8. Impossible to attach something no access to Explorer until “the dead loop end”… after all work normal.
    Problem is only each time I restart the machines

B)

1. I have installed the 6.0.2566.2708… auto updated… certainly to last one ! (problem is appeared only after last update)
    I have downloaded directly the last one one other machine :
    version is 6.1.13008.2801 => same problem as updated version !
    Last updates of the last 2 days change nothing to the problem.

2. Standard setup & settings used : but only hide ports on (setting change nothing in fact)

3. No

4. No

5. No

6. 2 machines : XP Sp1 (windows updated On or Off same problem!) and an SP3 (windows update off)
    32 bits versions… on 1 laptop and on 1 netbook (really different hardware) : but both “all intel chips”

7. No other antivirus or FW. But since I have scan one machine with many softwares : no Malware and no Virus detected.

I have not used antivirus or firewall for years before because each time I have used one…
    I have always encountered a lot of problems like that !!! :o
    At the end you finally prefer to not have one AV or FW… if it is to be unable to let softwares work or if you have too much slower internet…

But with now very fast internet connection it is necessary to prevent external incursions
    *** For me your CIS is one of the easiest and coolest… up to that problem … :wink:

Can be good if you can solve the problem :wink:

I have said it look like a “no end loop” : your software seems to wait for something that is not coming…
But it not seems to be linked with network (no access during the loop of 3 minutes or more : seems to depend of machine power).

Thank you :wink:

Hi gomodo,
Thanks, I am sure this issue is being looked into.

Please note: XP with SP1 is not supported going by the product page.

System Requirements: Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2/ Windows 8

Hi gomodo

I think its some file or registry lock problem. Once the lock get released comodo gets loaded. SOme file handle I feel is not closed or released or comodo and some xp32 files are trying to lock some file at the same time. Lets see what comodo says.

Hi guys
After making the last update of my CIS, my windows xp takes a long time to display the image of the desktop, the screen is black with the mouse pointer in the center of the screen about 2-3 minutes before presenting the work environment . I use the proactive configuration … Anyone else has the same problem?
thank you

Thanks for reporting.
But, this is considered cross posting. Please do not post the same matter in two topics. I can understand your problem and this bug is going to be fixed soon as it is effecting many others too…

thanks and sorry my english is not the best

Reported fixed in 2813 by many users. Marked up in tracker.

I feel this topic can be locked now, since this is fixed…

There’s really no need to lock this, as it is in the format verified bug reporting section.

Tracker updated, thanks