Boot times of 3 mins or more experienced under Win XP x32 [M348] [v6]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Long boot time in cis 6, 1, 275152, 2801 on xp32.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:Yes. Everytime after fresh install on fresh os and reboot. Reboot atleast 3 times. Starts happening after 3rd time onwards.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened: Make some firewall entries. block some programs program.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen: Not so much boot time.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: No other softwares installed. Its a fresh OS xp32.
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: None
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:fltlib.dll takes a lot of time to load as found out by bootlogxp
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, dump if freeze/crash. (If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program - not m’ware)
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: 6, 1, 275152, 2801

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: All, HIPS=safe, BBlocker=Partially limited, Firewall=Safe, AV=cloud is on

• Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):

• Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:No
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:yes
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:yes
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:os xp32sp3ver5.1build2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130307-0423 : Service Pack3, UAC=off, admin, VM not used

• Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a=none b=none
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your bug report in standard format. We very much appreciate the effort you have made to document this bug.

We are sorry to trouble you further but there are some items of information missing or unclear in your post:

A.8 Your Watch Activity Process list and Diagnostics File

B.5 Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS

B.6 UAC setting, account type, Virtual Machine used (say if none)

B.7 Parts a) and b) Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= b=

The reasons we need these items of information, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

We would be very grateful if you would add these items of information so we can forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get fixed. You can find assistance using red links in the Format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a week we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which includes all necessary information or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Hi

How do I produce this
“Watch Activity Process list and Diagnostics File”?

but i fave attached killswitch file. you can c fltlib.dll taking a long time to load THis was generated from bootlogxp utility

Also attached is the image file produced from procmon.exe sysinternals utility. This also shows delay at 5:13 to 5:16a times

I have installed xp 32 on f: and my boot drive is c: and I have boot delay problem

Hope this helps.
Thanks in Advance

There are always instructions in the red links in the format

Killswitch=Watch activity so that is fine

Diagnostics is accessed via the ? in the top right of the main GUI

Many thanks for your help

Mike

Hi I have attached the diagnostics file. 1st 2 reboots are ok. 3rd reboot is delayed. But 3rd disgnostics after reboot says no problems but actually the boot is delayed. Also attached are the kilswitch delayed boot log, sysinternal procmons bootlog. [FYR]

Wow that’s great. THanks very much!

Mouse

Hi!

COMODO Firewall Free is a good product :wink: But I report a possible update bug/problem.

On 2 differents Laptop machines with Windows XP (SP3 et SP1)
Since some few days I have encountered problem at Windows Startup.

Machine lock for near 3 minutes at each restart : after machine work normally.

The problem have been encountered on a first machine there are some few days.
Now the second machine is affected.

I have restored machines with factory softwares, I have scanned the machines with Comodo full Endpoint, and with special Anti-Malware software & with some other Anti-Virus. Nothing have been reported. I have restored BIOS settings… etc. It change nothing.

If I remove COMODO Firewall the machines start normally. But if I update COMODO with the lasts updates, I need to wait like 3 minutes during windows startup :o … After machines work normally. But problem continue to appear at each startup. …You have time to drink a Coffee during the Startup :slight_smile:

While the machine Lock at startup the machines do nothing… “it is like executing a loop of ‘do nothing’ for 3 minutes”…

You must note that I have just wanted to report the problem :wink:

Thank you for your interest and for your products :wink:

System
Windows xp SP3
AMD FX 64 6100
3.31 GHZ
3.00 GB RAM

i been useing comodo for a while now and never had a problem but had a new update and ever since had the update windows is black screen with mouse on start up for 4 to 5 mins before starting my dad has had the same with same system and also my mother is there any way around this or do i have to wait for another update

First of all : Welcome on the forum :slight_smile:
From what I see on the forum you are not alone who face this type of behavior. Best wait the next update that will be out next week. Again is a small update that will fix the network issue, but who knows, you should try it. If you experience the same issue, return to 6.0.

Regards RealNature,

It does not deal in sp3 it is in some update from microsoft if new version is installed on sp3 without updates it works fine

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

This issue appears to me to be the same as one already on file. Accordingly, I will merge them, if that’s OK. You can locate the merged report by following the link in the email notification.

If you don’t agree please PM any active mod with your reasons and, if appropriate, they will unmerge the issue.

Many thanks

Mouse

This issue appears to me to be the same as one already on file. Accordingly, I will merge them, if that’s OK. You can locate the merged report by following the link in the email notification.

If you don’t agree please PM any active mod with your reasons and, if appropriate, they will unmerge the issue.

Many thanks

Mouse

I would like to report that i face the same problem as mouse1 in 3 pcs (Windows XP SP3 with avast antivirus)

Hello
I have the same problem after the last update - system Windows load more than 3 minutes. I uninstalled completely CIS and installed the new - the result is the same - a long download.
Where can I download version 6.0?
Sorry for bad english - this translator Google

System
Windows xp SP3 32 bit
AMD Athlon II X3 440
3.0 GHZ
4.00 GB RAM

Older versions can be downloaded from here.

Same problem here. After updating to 6.1.275152.2801 the windows boot time is extremely low, we are talking about 3/4 minutes. Before that update all was ok.

I have tried to unistall CIS6 with the defoult uninstaller and then with Comodo Uninstaller Tool
Even with a fresh CIS 6 installation the problem is the same, tried to roll back with CIS 6.0 and all is returning to working good.

This is my machine:

Windows XP x86 SP3 with the latest windows update installed
Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz
2.0 GB RAM

Hi!

I too observed the same problem on 3 XP machines. None of them have any other Secuirty or Virtualisation suites installed. Uninstallers/registry cleaners did not help.

Besides, reverting back to 6.0.2708 completely eliminates the problem.

For now, I suggest to all those who are facing this problem to uninstall CIS6.1, install 6.0 and disable “automatic program updates”, wait for a fixed build…

Tried just for curiosity on another system…same problem. Waiting for a fix, maybe the next time much more attention by developer before to release a new build will be fine, especially on paid product :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi!

Just to add that I’m having the same issue and am reverting back to version 6.0.

This seems to be an XP issue as I am having no problems with my Vista Machine.

M2GD