Boot-time scanner for CIS

I think It would be really cool if CIS offered a Boot-time scanner to remove really nasty malware like avast! does. They could do this either by posting it on the website as an addon, or simply adding it to a new version. Boot-time seems really effective and I think it would be really helpful for malware that CIS just can’t remove after the computer is fully booted.

Yep, I agree. :wink:

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/add-boottime-scan-capability-t56015.0.html

That would be great addition. ;D

I think a better idea would be a bootable Cd based on linux. Even a boot time scanner can be fooled but a bootable cd means nothing can escape.

I like that idea even better than I can use the cd to clean up customer calls. :-TU

our guys are working on a linux version that can be used for many products we have, including AV.

Melih

well I hope that the AV’s cleaning abilities improve, as of right now in my opinion the av is very good at keeping a computer clean but not cleaning one and if you want to build a bootable comodo AV scanner that means that cleaning will have to be very very good.

the best way to clean is to have a geek clean the computer tbh…
there is no single AV that can clean better than a Geek with Mission :slight_smile:

this is why we offer www.geekbuddy.com, and you can get it for free for 30 days etc… So our GeekBuddies clean up, setup CIS then you are good to go!

Melih

But I still think it is good to have boot-time scanner then don’t.

+1
And better cleaning capabilities.
Dr. Web, Kaspersky, BitDefender have fame of doing good cleaning job.

Not to mention Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.