Boot Sector Virus Scan

I repair computers and I sometimes find the problem as a boot sector virus, that I can remove with only a few AV programs, because some don’t have this feature and in some other this feature simply doesn’t work. The choice gets even smaller when you have to use a portable software.

The problem is that you’ll need these extra software if your installed AV can’t check (and repair) the boot sector of your disks, and having CIS with such feature will make this need an optional.

If CIS already supports this feature then nevermind, but I’m just (right now) repairing a PC and it had a Boot Sector virus and CIS didn’t detect it, so I guess it doesn’t have this feature. That PC didn’t had CIS as antivirus, I’m using my own pc to scan that HDD and repair it.

Until then, do this one for xp and one for vista

For Windows XP

Here's How:
  Enter Windows XP Recovery Console.
  When you reach the command prompt (detailed in Step 6 in the link above), type the following and then press Enter.

fixmbr
  The fixmbr utility will write a master boot record to the hard drive that you're currently using to boot into Windows XP. This will repair any corruption or damage that the master boot record may have.
  Take out the Windows XP CD, type exit and then press Enter to restart your PC.

Assuming that a corrupt master boot record was your only issue, Windows XP should now start normally.</blockquote>

For vista
Go to this site and follow the picuters
http://tunguyen.name/home/read.php?56

yeah that’s a good solution if you know there’s a virus but your AV can’t remove it, the problem is that I don’t think that CIS can even detect it.