BOCore.exe issue?[LOCKED/CLOSED]

Just installed the newest version of BOClean. When I type or scroll. The computer freezes for a second and goes back to normal. It keeps happening every few seconds or so. What would cause this? It was fine until I installed BOClean. I noticed when checking my processes and when this happens. BOCore.exe is at 97-98% every time.

Hi KoRn :slight_smile:

It is possible that it is caused by another real-time security program that " tickles " BOClean, for example an Anti Virus, an Anti Spyware or a Firewall ( HIPS ). The trick is to find out which program it is, and to exclude the BOClean files and/or folders if necessary in both long path format and short path format in that program.

Here is a list for the BOClean files and folders :

Folders:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\

Files:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOC4UPD.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOC4UPD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCDRIVE.SYS
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCDRIVE.SYS
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCEXC.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCEXC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCLEAN.DLL
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCLEAN.DLL
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCORE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOCORE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOC427.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMODO\CBOCLEAN\BOC427.EXE

You can also try the other way around, and exclude the important files from the other program in BOClean.

Greetz, Red.

Red,

Tyvm. I found the culprit. It was from my Avira Premium avwsc.exe I excluded it in BOClean and all is well now. For some reason. I had never noticed the file starting up every 2 mins or so.

P.S. Is there a way to disable avwsc.exe? This sucker starts up and closes constantly!

Hi KoRn :slight_smile:

Thnx for the feedback :slight_smile: This one is new for me :wink:

Greetz, Red.

I headed on over to Avira and see what was up. It is a known issue and will be addressed. Thanks again for the help. You can close/lock this if needed.