Boclean updates (Vista) [Resolved]

I have reinstalled the latest Boclean a few times now to try to solve a problem.

For some reason it does update to the new versions (I guess, as if I try to update manually I receive the message that the program has the latest updates), but the latest update is listed to be:
Last update (UTC)
2007-11-11 11:32:31

Anyone experiencing the same?

Any possible solution?

Thanks!

Harry

The only solution I can come up with is for you to download a fresh latest version of cboclean and do a clean of our temporary files and registry problems using CCleaner or something simular then re-installing the software. Also check to ensure your firewall is set to allow it to update.

Have you searched the forum for “Update Issues”?
If that doesn’t help resolve your problem then when asking for help, please give a little more information.
At least your OS and currently installed security applications.
Thank you!

Didn’t find anything on the forums related to this issue… :THNK

Since the last post, I did uninstall Boclean again and cleaned all references after which I did a clean reinstall. BoClean does update to the latest version (at least that’s what it ‘says’…).

Right-clicking on the icon, however again shows last update to be 2007-11-11 11:32:31

It has worked well in the past… before 11-11 I suppose… as I haven’t really checked the status all the time…seemed to be running well in the background.

CPF 3.0.13.268
Avast 4.7.1074
Spyware Doctor 5.1.0.273

Thanks,

Harry (:NRD)

Thanks ~cat~,

I meant I didn’t find anything related to my problem…

the issue is that BoClean seems to be updating… but does not mention the update when right-clicking the icon.

Thanks,

Harry

What’s the date on your .xvu file?
I’m not sure if Blista stores it in the same place as XP…
Mine shows the modified date as today, created date is when I first installed CBOC.
Have you used the CBOC menu to either check for or reload/test the update?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Harry,
I have the same problem as you. Did a complete uninstall, used ccleaner and registry smart, reinstalled and still shows the date as 2007-11-07 13:17:21.

Cat,
My boc425.xvu file shows the date modified as 2007-11-07 12:28 pm. Maybe I did not get a complete uninstall?

Vista 32 bit home premium fully updated
CFP 3.0.13.268
Avast 4.7.1074
Spybot S&D 1.5.0.9

Uninstalled again, ran cleaners, and this time did a search with hidden files for boc425, cboc425, and boclean. Found a .xvu, a .old, and a couple others that I don’t recall ( it was an hour long process). Rebooted and did a fresh install and it’s working like a champ so far. Date of the .xvu file is now 2007-11-26 and date on the BOClean menu is 2007-11-26.

Harry, I guess my advice would be to do what I did. Uninstall, run a registry cleaner, and than do a search. In Vista make sure after the search window opens you click on advanced search. Location everywhere. Click the include box ( and yes it is slow). Search for the 3 file names I did and that should pull up the lost files. Delete them. Reboot. Reinstall as administrator and it should update just fine.

Hope that helps Harry.

Cat, Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Going to bed now.

TTFN,
Michael

Michael,

thanks for the information.

It did indeed take a while to search for the files… Now the fresh install of BoClean does run as is should!

Great job!

Thanks,

Harry :BNC

[quote=“waeylandejavascript:void(0);
Shockedr post:9, topic:215932”]
Uninstalled again, ran cleaners, and this time did a search with hidden files for boc425, cboc425, and boclean. Found a .xvu, a .old, and a couple others that I don’t recall ( it was an hour long process). Rebooted and did a fresh install and it’s working like a champ so far. Date of the .xvu file is now 2007-11-26 and date on the BOClean menu is 2007-11-26.
[/quote]
Dear god, an hour? :o That is insane.
The next M$ employee I see gets a kick in the ■■■■ on general principals. ;D
Thank you Michael for your perseverance and follow through in posting your solution.
I’m going to change the subject line to include “Vista” for future search reference as well as lock and mark as resolved.