BoClean memory usage?

Kevin

My security programs are still the same as they have been for months. They are:

1. Symantec Antivirus Version 10.1.6.6000
  2. Process Guard Version 3.410
    3.Look n Stop Firewall Version 2.06
    4.Webroot Spysweeper Version 5.5.7.48
  3. Spywareblaster Version 3.5.1

Naturally all definitions etc are up to date.
I have attached BOC425.ini to see if that can reveal something

Regards

noels7

[attachment deleted by admin]

THANK YOU for doing that! Now we’re getting somewhere! OK … for reasons unfathomable, BOCORE (BOClean’s system service) is either not running or is unable to load the kernel driver. Been a while since I’ve seen this one, forgot about the connection there.

Check to see if BOCORE is running in the process listing of task manager. If it’s THERE, then the install of the kernel driver was somehow blocked. If it ISN’T there, then the install was ■■■■■ somehow. It could have been any of those interfering. Or … it could have been that the program was installed under a limited user account instead of “administrator.”

Suggest that you uninstall 4.25, do a reboot to ensure that everything goes away. Then shut down Norton and the other stuff (disconnect the network if it makes you feel safer) and install as admin. That SHOULD solve it once you do a reboot after the reinstall … but somehow BOClean is unable to connect to its kernel driver and the system is going into “contention” trying to do so. A reinstall should do the trick. Sorry for missing the symptoms, ain’t seen this one in a while …

Hi Kevin,
I read what you suggested to noels7 what the problem might be.I have folowed the same instructions.Not sure what you mean by BOCORE being in the Task Manager and If it’s there, then the install of the kernel driver was somehow blocked,is it supposed to be there?.It’s there in mine.I can’t get a clean registry because I can’t get rid of the Kernel entries.I still have high memory in the memory usage column unlike version 4.22,see attachement,hope it makes sense.I run all the same programs as with the older version which used a lot less memory.
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Kevin

Now have BoCore.exe (1200K) and boc425.exe (22656K) now being displayed in task manager
after uninstall/reinstall of Ver 4.25 with all my security software disabled. I even got rid of legacy driver leftovers of boclean in registry before reinstallation.

It appears that Process Guard was the culprit in my case. I am concerned also about the left overs in the registry and that memory use is higher than what has been described by other users but I don’t regard that as a problem. Some of my previous versions of Boclean displayed similar results. I had thought there must have been a memory leak as previous versions started with low memory usage and gradually built up to about 31000k over a session on the computer. After about 20 mins of this session boc425.exe has gone from 22656K to 22720K (approx 20mins) with basically computer at rest while I type this response.

Thanks again for your assistance. If you need any further data just ask.

Regards

noels7

My memory usage are:

BOC425 14,232K
BOCore 200K

I wonder why my BOCore runs on less memory as compared to others…anyways BOC425 works for me ;D

(CLY)