BOClean advanced configuration

Are there any plans to add the advanced options from the old standalone BOClean to CIS? It’s great that the memory scanning technology has been integrated, but those options in v4.27 (automatic cleanup of hosts file etc) were great!

Thanks,

Beanie :slight_smile:

Would be nice to have these extra options

I agree. 1+

I don’t agree, i don’t think any of those options in BOClean are needed in CIS.

Then they should rather add all those cleanup/clear things to their System-Cleaner…

+1!

So you’re suggesting that the user needs to download and install ANOTHER product to clean up the effects of malware, after the malware has been removed? ???

Beanie

If the user respond as they should to the messages from Defense+ and the firewall, they should not get infected in the first place…

And Comodo DiskShield (Comodo Time Machine) will be integrated in CIS to, so there is no point of those options, as people would use CTM as the cure if infected…

That relies on the user knowing what he/she is doing :wink:

And Comodo DiskShield (Comodo Time Machine) will be integrated in CIS to, so there is no point of those options, as people would use CTM as the cure if infected...

Ah, fair point. Still, the BOClean advanced options would be a good alternative, or even forefront to a full recovery from TM. What I mean is that if (as an example) a users hosts file is infected, preventing them from visiting certain sites, even the removal of the malware that infected the hosts file won’t return the hosts file to it’s previous state. In this situation, don’t you think that a hosts file cleanup routine, like that in BOClean 4.27, would be easier than a complete recovery through Time Machine?

It would certainly be quicker :wink:

I cant see why they should use time to add those cleaning options to CIS…
they should rather add them to their system-cleaner, where they fit better, and should be added anyway. (in my opinion)

I don’t think they should add it to CIS, and i don’t think they will add it.
suddenly we end up with a whole repair tab in CIS with 30 different clean/reset/repair options.

I like lightweight software, with the functions it needs, and nothing more…
And if then suddenly once after 3 years need to do something ONCE. you can use another program for that, and get rid of it afterwards…

Fair enough, I respect your opinion :slight_smile: