Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

Well said, but well done is better than well said, and DACS is well done. Would you trust your health to only one doctor …or would you want a second opinion by another doctor, or a third…and so on?

that’s the theory of DACS: instead of PAYING one doctor trying to push a certain prescription…you can get opinions and diagnosis from many doctors for free. Do doctors own the results of your diagnosis?? ???

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal

I would like run a similar program for avast and
spread the brand awareness. It is not about the selling at all. We just
want the folks to understand there is a brand that loves its free product,
doesn’t call it the “basics” and has the guts to have it tested by 3rd
certification agencies against the paid version of competition to prove
there “could be a free lunch” ;o)

Avast is a free lunch, but Comodo is the whole buffet.

bob3160,

If you had come to this topic in a polite and reasonable way you would have been taken seriously. You chose to post with hackles up and all guns blazing and so were treated accordingly.

You also showed what was your intent on the Avast forum. Your only interest here was to cause trouble and you were found out.

You only have yourself to blame for the unfriendly way in which you were then treated.

This was not about fanboys but a lesson in manners.

LOL… well said.

+1 elegantly put…

Side note: I guess the apparent complete lack of interest in SCAD means I can drop it? :-\ ;D

I can see the childish behaviour of avast forum members grows ever larger. One even went far enough to spam a thread on security vulnerabilities. See smiley for details. 88)

Unfortunately…all this is totally unnecessary but hey ho…

this Bob guy who has accepted a job to promote Avast is the worst…Coming here with ill intentions to bad mouth Comodo.

and check this out…he explains how he accepted the job offer from Avast:

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

It will be good, side-by-side with DACS that CAV is submitted to independent tests like av-comparatives.

They are simply jealous because when you look at it very carefully Avast is improving very slowly. Apart from a new interface, Avast free v5 did not bring many new features to its users. Besides the behaviour shield in Avast Pro is still not working. Look at Comodo on the other hand, in one year we had CIS v4, CIS v5. a new sandbox, cloud AV, cloud BB(CIMA), improved Defense+, Comodo Secure DNS now blocking malware and many other stuffs and all that for FREE. Now we have DACS!!!

The fanboys are being frustrated because their favourite AV cannot keep paste with Comodo’s development!

Were the doctors paid for their diagnosis or not?

Not really. avast has almost 140 million users against 10 million of Comodo.
The avast development is consistent and the programmers work very close in beta tests.
I have troubles with CPM and CB beta testing and lack of support. Not to mention the completely lack of support we’re seeing in CTM (by the way, I like CTM technology and I’m the CTM translator to Portuguese).

It’s not about the interface only. It has a new engine, new Behavior Shield, new x64 boot time scanning. Developed a firewall and antispam. Developed a sandbox. They improved quite a lot their software (free and paid).

Yeah, they’re on it for the very close to release version 5.1.

No fanboyism, please.

i think the point he is trying to make is:

A doctor tells you that you have the flu…

now…whether paid or not…there is no law stopping you from telling your friends you have the “flu”…

The issue is Comodo offers much more than Avast and that for FREE! Avast firewall, sandbox and antispam is ONLY for paid users.

Please note Tech, my comments about fanboys were not directed to you. You are always very responsible when you post whether it is on the Avast forum or Comodo forum. If other Avast users were like you, there would have been no need to compare Avast and Comodo here.

The irony of bob trying to bad mouth comodo is that he actually recommends the firewall.

hahaha, sorry guys but i just have to laugh out loud xD

a guy comes here badmouth COMODO, which has the best detection to promote Avast? you kidding me? the times when avast was a good product have long past. nowadays it’s a ■■■■■■ piece of antiquated code.

hell, even my brother has an xp with avast and everytime he brings that usb to me he also brings at least 4 viruses with him :smiley: and that guy comes here to say COMODO is bad? xD excuse moi? :DDDDDDDDDDD

Please note that a lion share of Comodo’s income comes from issuing security certificates. Therefore they have the means to develop and make their products available for free.
The business model of other av vendors, like avast or symantec, is based on selling paid products in order to keep their heads above water. I bet that if Comodo was a typical security software vendor they wouldn’t be so altruistic.

Best regards

We can choose to keep the money we make!

So its irrelevant how we make money, we know how to share it. Other AV companies make more money than we do, are they sharing it with you?

Melih

you don’t have to respond to stuff like this, but i understand why you do. :slight_smile: if someone is different or somehow protrudes from the crowd they’re immediately a target.

the same i got in my signature applies to the situation of comodo and other security companies.

they “laugh” at comodo, coz it’s different, comodo laughs at them coz they are all the same xD

Whatever business model is being used, when we look at the good work that Comodo is doing, it is a shame that some avast Evangelist(experienced users on the Avast forum) called for a boycott of Comodo! One said that Comodo website should be banned and to me this is simply unacceptable!

Comodo provides one of the best firewall for free, so by not recommending Comodo just out of fanboism, it is end users that are losing.