Bob, who accepted a Job to promote AVAST, is coming to our forums to bad mouth us - 2

He accepted a Job offer from Avast as per his blog…and he has the audacity to come and shi* throw here. And now he has been called out and caught red handed!

Shame on you Bob!

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

this is split from the original topic to keep the original topic clean…

As Dealing with DACS / CCE Absolutely Nothing.
Possibly get a bit more popular :smiley:

Jake

I think this has been the best Wednesday night of my life… (:CLP)

On a real note… I see one thing… DACS becoming the future of malware detection… As i was always told two minds are better then one… And its always good to have more the one opinion… Two sets of eyes are better then one… Same goes with Anti-Virus protection… Which DACS gives…

Keep up the good work Comodo :comodo110:

, Richard

My english is to bad, therefor i wrote in my mothers language down my opinion right now to this
discusion.

Leider gibt es immer Neider die nicht mit-ansehen können wie Andere Verbesserungen und Innovationen
zu Stande bringen und verbreiten, zum wohle aller, ohne wahrnehmbaren Eigennutz.
Und nur der Neider oder misstrauische Skeptiker hinterfragt, und sieht darin einen Hinterhalt, ohne die Fähigkeit zu sehen das es auch altruistische Menschen gibt.
In vorliegendem Fall ist gesondert und besonders hervorzuheben, dass es wie so oft, eine gemeinnützige und kostenlose Lösung ist, die sehr bereichernd ist, und eben habhaft und erschwinglich für jeden. Egal ob ■■■■■ oder arm.
Der Arme wird sich um so mehr freuen, und der reiche wird wegen seiner Gewinnsucht vielleicht eher misstrauisch sein, obwohl es auch misstrauische arme Menschen gibt.
Wie auch immer… In vorliegendem Fall besteht nur eine uneigennützige Verbesserung eines ohnehin
freien Produkts, wo der eigentliche Verfasser doch menschlich anerkennend die Hand reichen sollte, nach menschlichem Ermessen, im Sinne des Allgemeinwohls. Neid und Kleinlichkeit sollte durch verständige Kooperation und Ergänzung im ursprünglichen Sinne Beider eher angestrebt werden.
Aufeinander verständig zu gehen und die goldene Mitte finden, die ja ohnehin längst besteht, und sich zum Wohle Aller zusammentun und / um Großes hervorzubringen, das wäre logische und vernünftigste Lösung.
Niemand hat etwas davon wenn er stur irgendwelche, streng-genommen persönliche Kleinigkeiten, vertritt, und dabei das eigentliche Prinzip seine Intention verlässt.
Eine gütliche, einvernehmliche Übereinkunft, bringt und birgt sicherlich über kurz oder lang für jeden Vorteile.
Durch Streitereien, Anfeindungen usw., werden und wird nur Zeit und Energie verschwendet. Weiter bringt das keinen.
Bewahrt Haltung, Ehre, Prinzipien und Moral, und verliert nicht das Gesicht durch kleinliche Anfeindungen, und arbeitet zusammen zum Wohle derer denen ihr ohnehin eine Dienst und einen Gefallen tun wolltet.
Gemeinsam sind wir stark…

Entschuldigt meine pathetische Moralpredigt, aber ich hielt es für angebracht.

Wenn das nun jemand korrekt, und völlig passend übersetzt, das wäre IMHO vielleicht nicht so ganz verkehrt. Danke.

Beste Grüße,
Micha

[quote author=Kosmo link=topic=65415.msg473116#msg473116 date=1293668916]
My english is to bad, therefor i wrote in my mothers language down my opinion right now to this
discusion.

Unfortunately, there are envious that can not continue to watch, as other improvements and innovations
able to make and distribute for the benefit of all, with no discernible self-interest.
And questioned only the envious or suspicious skeptic, and sees it as an ambush, without the ability to see that there are altruistic people.
In the present case separately and particularly emphasized that, as so often, a non-profit and free solution that is very rewarding, and just get hold of and accessible to all. Whether rich or poor.
The poor will rejoice all the more, and the rich is because of his greed may be more suspicious, although there are suspicious poor.
Anyway … In the present case, only a non-profit improvement is an already
free product, where the actual author ought to human appreciation shake hands as humanly possible, within the meaning of the common good. Envy and pettiness should be sought in the original sense of both rather by reasonable cooperation and complementation.
Successive wise to go and find the golden mean, which is already so long ago, and, for the benefit of all team up and / to produce large, it would be logical and sensible solution.
No one has anything like this if he takes any stubborn, tight-made personal trifles, while leaving the actual principle of his intention.
A friendly, amicable agreement brings, and holds over short or long for any benefits.
etc. By disputes, hostile, and will only be time and energy wasted. Next bring the no.
Maintains position, honor, principles and morals, and not lose face by petty harassment, and works for the benefit of those whom you already wanted to do a service and a favor.
Together we are strong …

Excuse my pathetic homily, but I thought it appropriate.

If the translated now someone correctly and completely appropriate, IMHO it would not be as completely wrong. Thank you.

Best regards,
Micha

Fixed that for you freind hope that helps…

How will you keep control over that “closed group” ?

Dunno - I didn’t set it up, nor am I part of it, nor do I want to be (only because I don’t have the time or resources to spare at the moment).

Comodo have set up a rigourous vetting process to ensure the consistency and constancy of the end points and the integrity of the users providing them.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Tech - I do what I can and hope that it is sufficient and it helps.

When dealing with a contentious topic like this, the first thing I do is to remove the emotive side of the arguments and deal only with whatever is left.

In this case, unfortunately, when all the emotion, opinion and speculation was removed, the only bit left was the possible misunderstanding about AV servers and I had to go to another forum to see that aspect raised.

One thing to remember about opinions - they’re like bums. Everyone’s got one, everyone thinks theirs is the prettiest and no-one wants to see the other guys.

But that’s just my opinion. :wink: :smiley:

Ewen :slight_smile:

There’s a few points I’d like to make.

1. CCE is very useful with or without DACS.

2. DACS is currently completely legal.

3. Comodo is not passed any files through DACS. They receive the files because they are also upload to CAMAS. This is parallel with DACS.

4. Please keep all posts polite.

If you need please review the Forum Policy.

To be clear I’m not directing this at anyone in particular… yet. (:KWL)

Well said, but well done is better than well said, and DACS is well done. Would you trust your health to only one doctor …or would you want a second opinion by another doctor, or a third…and so on?

that’s the theory of DACS: instead of PAYING one doctor trying to push a certain prescription…you can get opinions and diagnosis from many doctors for free. Do doctors own the results of your diagnosis?? ???

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal

I would like run a similar program for avast and
spread the brand awareness. It is not about the selling at all. We just
want the folks to understand there is a brand that loves its free product,
doesn’t call it the “basics” and has the guts to have it tested by 3rd
certification agencies against the paid version of competition to prove
there “could be a free lunch” ;o)

Avast is a free lunch, but Comodo is the whole buffet.

bob3160,

If you had come to this topic in a polite and reasonable way you would have been taken seriously. You chose to post with hackles up and all guns blazing and so were treated accordingly.

You also showed what was your intent on the Avast forum. Your only interest here was to cause trouble and you were found out.

You only have yourself to blame for the unfriendly way in which you were then treated.

This was not about fanboys but a lesson in manners.

LOL… well said.

+1 elegantly put…

Side note: I guess the apparent complete lack of interest in SCAD means I can drop it? :-\ ;D

I can see the childish behaviour of avast forum members grows ever larger. One even went far enough to spam a thread on security vulnerabilities. See smiley for details. 88)

Unfortunately…all this is totally unnecessary but hey ho…

this Bob guy who has accepted a job to promote Avast is the worst…Coming here with ill intentions to bad mouth Comodo.

and check this out…he explains how he accepted the job offer from Avast:

Starting A New Career At Age 70: bob03160 — LiveJournal BTW: Bob how much is Avast paying you? And shame on you as a “Paid” employee/contractor of Avast from coming and making false accusations in our forums! Shame on you!

It will be good, side-by-side with DACS that CAV is submitted to independent tests like av-comparatives.

They are simply jealous because when you look at it very carefully Avast is improving very slowly. Apart from a new interface, Avast free v5 did not bring many new features to its users. Besides the behaviour shield in Avast Pro is still not working. Look at Comodo on the other hand, in one year we had CIS v4, CIS v5. a new sandbox, cloud AV, cloud BB(CIMA), improved Defense+, Comodo Secure DNS now blocking malware and many other stuffs and all that for FREE. Now we have DACS!!!

The fanboys are being frustrated because their favourite AV cannot keep paste with Comodo’s development!

Were the doctors paid for their diagnosis or not?