blue screen during a full scan with CIS - (Probably caused by : CBUFS.sys)

I’ve used CIS for years, but last summer my CIS stopped to update it’s core, only virus bases did.
Recently I’ve de-installed it and install the last version which successively updates virus bases and checks the program updates too, so now I have actual version of CIS (5.9.221665.2197)
But If I start the full scan of my system, every time it’s going to the blue screen. Nothing like this I’ve never met before on this system with any of the previous versions of CIS.
I’m using CIS on Acer TravelMate 6292 laptop with Windows Vista. I monitored the system and CPU temperature during scan - it was OK. I replaced RAM modules by others thinking they could be wrong - nothing has changed.
Please, help me.

Hi Dimon,

Can you please check the %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder and attach the crash dumps here it’s of great help for the developers to figure out what’s going on.
please zip them before uploading them to this thread.

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for your attention. Please, find a dump file here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for your issue report. We have moved it to the non-format bugs board for the moment, because either it is not in the format or too much of the requested information is missing. Developers may look at it there, and may fix it.

But it is much more likely to be fixed if you edit your first post to create an issue report which meets all criteria in the Checklist and Format. (You can copy and paste the format from this topic). The general reasons why are summarized in that post, the reasons we ask for specific pieces of information are given in this detailed post.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which is correctly formatted or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

You can get your report moved to the format verified issues board simply by ensuring that it is correctly formatted and all criteria are met, and PM’ing a mod who is active on the bug board.

Do you happen to have Comodo Backup installed also? Cause that seems the cause the bug-check

BugCheck 19, {21, db400000, 1039b0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for CBUFS.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for CBUFS.sys
Probably caused by : CBUFS.sys ( CBUFS+1121 )

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000021, the data following the pool block being freed is corrupt. Typically this means the consumer (call stack ) has overrun the block.
Arg2: db400000, The pool pointer being freed.
Arg3: 001039b0, The number of bytes allocated for the pool block.
Arg4: 00000000, The corrupted value found following the pool block.

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82153868
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82133420

Ronny,
yes I have Comodo backup installed, and I really Installed it just before I installed a new CIS.
Are they incompatible and could not work on the same system?
I’m poor to understand your post after the first string.
Should I delete Comodo backup??
Thank you, Dimon.

I think it’s best to move this report to the bug-reports for Comodo Backup as it seems to bite a full scan with CIS on your system.

Until they fix the issue in Comodo Backup I think you’ll have to decide if you’d like to keep CBU or CIS…

Hi Dimon,

Please let us know what version of Comodo Backup are you using?

Thanks

Hi Emanuel,

According to the dump this is the driver stamp;
CBUFS CBUFS.sys Tue Oct 25 06:53:04 2011

That should correspond with 4.07

Hi Emanuel,
It’s 4.0.7.14

Thanks, we reproduced the issue.
We will come back with an answer soon.

Apparently during the CIS scan, system memory is running low, and this caused cbufs.sys to BSOD.
We found the cause of the BSOD and it will be fixed in next release.

Thanks

Thanks Emanuel,

waiting for the next release.