blocking URL execution with FF by D+

i use rapidshare downloader and it periodically opens it’s home page in FF.

so i have a question - how to forbid EXACTLY this one action with D+?

With D+ you can only block rapidshare downloader from starting FF in general. But not for a specific url with FF.

1. how can i do that?
  2. what if FF already started?

To block rapidshare downloader (RD) to start FF look up the rule for RD in Computer Security Policy and select it → Edit → Access Rights → push the Modify button behind Run an executable and add FF to the blocked applications. Now Apply and OK your way back to the main screen.

If FF is already started you will have to terminate it with either Tasks Manager or from View Active Process List (Defense + -->Common Tasks).

but i don’t need to terminate FF! i just want to block annoying URL showing by RD :frowning:

I don’t think D+ can do exactly what you want. The only other option would be to make the url of that page to My Blocked Network Zones. That means you can never visit that site with any browser.

i’ll try.

and by the way - i added FF to blocked apps to run by RD as you wrote above, but that doesn’t work - RD somehow managed to start FF and open RD’s homepage :frowning:

Are you sure you added Firfefox under Run an application? Can you show a screenshot of that?

here you are:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4583/92400933.jpg

Try to add Firefox in as blocked app to Interprocess memory access.