Blocking CD Writing & Pendrive Write, Device Control

Can we write protect pen drives (or) block cd/dvd writing using Comodo D+ ?

If yes, please tell me the procedure.

If no, I will add a wishlist and pole for it.

Did you try adding the paths to those devices to Blocked Files?

Sorry, I did not understand what you meant…

Say, my pendrive takes f drive and dvd writer is e drive, you want me to add those drives to blocked files list like f:* adn e:* to blocked ?

Does that not make them unreadable too ? I just want to block the write operation.

Besides, How would I know which drive letter my pendrive takes everytime. It randomly changes…
If I put two pendrives simultaneusly, the rule only blocks one of them…

Is there any way I can apply the rule to “Device” rather than “Path”…

My suggestion would block all access both read and write; my bad here. You want to use Protected Files.

Besides, How would I know which drive letter my pendrive takes everytime. It randomly changes.... If I put two pendrives simultaneusly, the rule only blocks one of them...

Is there any way I can apply the rule to “Device” rather than “Path”…

You never know what drive letter a pen drive will get. It is a dynamic process. You would need to add the paths e-z to the Protected Files.

How to work with this? Go to Computer Security Policy → Protected Files and Folder and push the Group button.

When in the Files Group choose to add a group and give it an appropriate name like Pen drives. Select the Pen drives group and choose Add → Select from → Browse → then manually add the paths e:, f: etc under “Add new item”. When adding, for example, e: you need to push the + button etc. See attached image.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Eric for the workaround.

I understood that there is no straight device control in D+.

I will follow this procedure for now, although I have some problems with this configuration. When I add a hard disk internally, it does not accept without disabling D+. Even then, those drives are also locked unless I again change the rules for those drive letters.

Blocking CD Writing with Nero is not working this way. It is only working if I disable nero from executing, not with this setup.

I hope we will have a device control rather than drive letter control in future versions.

Shall I add a wish and a poll for this ?

You can make this a wish with a poll. Let’s see what the others think.

The problem with Nero is is that it is trusted and is therefor allowed to load a driver. Once a program loads a driver it can do anything.

I made a wish for Device Control in the wishlist section

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/device-control-in-cis-t74775.0.html

Please vote.