Blocking banners in Comodo firewall: possible?

Subj. Didn’t find any options for it. In Agnitum Outpost firewall there’s a special banner-blocking module. How about it in Comodo?

Hi

AFAIK this feature is not found in CPF, and in my opinion this is not the porpouse of a firewall. Anyway, if you want to block banners why don’t you try out the adblock plus plugin for firefox? It works fine for me.

The matter is I’m using Opera.

Hi Andriy,
Welcome to forum :slight_smile:

Blocking popup is browser’s job not firewall’s. And opera does this job nicely:
tools-preferences-general-popup
i set it as “block unwanted popups” but if u wan total hassle-free, click “block all popups”.

I’m just feel confident enuf not to click on some banners like “congrats! u r 999,999 visitor of dis site” or “Comgrats! u win a green card to US”

aladinonl, actually I want to block not popups, but banners of certain sizes from certain addresses. Opera can’t do this job. Maybe you know some concrete app that does it? ???

I dun dig in those function apps much coz I believe in my sense.

But i make a quick search, haf tried none of 'em so i cant make a suggestion.
sorry abt dat, but hope can giv u something new to try out.

Here they r:

The Ad-Police, http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/The_Ad-Police_29269_p/free.htm
iRejectTrash, http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/iRejectTrash_26303_p/free.htm
PopGun Ad Stopper, PopGun Ad Stopper software. Popup Killer is one of the webs best Ad Blockers. It is so simple, there is no need to set anything up, just run it and watch those popups get zapped. Very small, fast and intelligent and TOTALLY FREE. Download the FULL VERSI
Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite, Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite software. Kill browser, Messenger Service, GAIN and SaveNow pop-ups automatically. The popup stopper has full support for both pop-ups and pop-under ads and will kill them even before they appear on the screen. Stop-the-Pop-Up Lite is
SoftSearch Toolbar 1.3 Ad-Killer Edition, SoftSearch Toolbar software. MS IE quick search toolbar for software search on five download sites: 3d2f.com, Download.com, Tucows, SoftSearch.ru & WebAttack. Pop-up blocking supported. Your search query can be limited to a software category, supporte
NoAds 2006.02.04, NoAds software. NoAds stops Internet popup ads from getting in the way of your web surfing. NoAds is fully configurable, allowing you to specify which ads you want to be destroyed automatically. NoAds stops Internet popup ads from getting in the way of yo
Pop Stop, Pop Stop software. Pop ups are an increasing annoyance and takes away from an enjoyable web experience. Pop-up windows are introduced in stealth, when unsuspecting customers download freeware, shareware or sometimes by just visiting websites. Pop ups are
Pop-up Free, Pop-up Free software. Get rid of annoying popup windows and enhance your Web surf experience. Kill unexpected popup windows and protect your privacy. No more annoying advertisement windows and save your time. Pop-up Free is a pop-up window killer based on
Tech-Pro StopAds, Tech-Pro StopAds software. Tech-Pro StopAds blocks adverts, popups, hijackers and premium-rate diallers, and helps block undesirable content. It lets you download a list of sites to block, add and remove sites, and enable or disable blocking, from a conve

Thanks a lot for help! I’ll try them out and find the best one for me. (:WAV)

Opera’s content blocker. There’s no need to install extra software.

https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/how_to_customize_the_opera_browser-t12813.0.html;msg90117#msg90117