Blocked Zones blocking unspecified & apparently unrelated site [M276]

When reviewing this issue it has come to my attention that this may be a duplicate of another bug report. Please review the report here:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/blocked-zones-blocking-unspecified-and-apparently-unrelated-website-v6-t91965.0.html;msg662932#msg662932
and let me know whether you believe it to be the same issue.

Thank you.

Hello.

Apparently, the causes for both defects are the same.

Thank you for confirming this so quickly. In that case I will merge the two topics and update the tracker.

Thank you very much and I’m sorry for not realizing this earlier.

Comodo Firewall 6.3.302093.2976 still present! It’s absolutly BUG! When we block some host Comodo can block many others IPs not belong to that host! Fix it.

Why this in Resolved/Outdated Issues? It is not really fixed!

Should I start a new bug report?

Moreover this not only a BUG but incorrect implementation!

Is this related to the bug which was submitted here:
https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/blocked-zones-blocking-unspecified-apparently-unrelated-site-v6m276-t91965.0.html

Seems to be - YES.

Comodo Firewall 6.3.302093.2976 still present! When we block some host Comodo can block many others IPs not belong to that host! Fix it.

Moreover this not exactly a BUG this is an incorrect implementation!

Why so long? The first bug report was post 3 years ago here! Still not fixed…

Please respond to the other topic and note that you are experiencing the same issue. Also provide your system specifications.

Thanks.

As noted above, this is a duplicate report for the one which is present here:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/blocked-zones-blocking-unspecified-and-apparently-unrelated-website-v6-t91965.0.html;msg662932#msg662932

Therefore, only that bug will be in the formatted bug report section. Please see the other bug report.

Thanks.

I would say about Radaghast bug report.
I’ll explain why I said that this is an incorrect implementation by Comodo developers.

When we have added a specified host name (not the IP address) to some new or existing zone, Comodo must get it’s IPs through DNS query. It gets it, but instead of to pick up them and save as list it treats the smallest IP as start zone and the highest IP as end of the zone of the host. That’s why many others hosts, web-sites will be included in this “not existing in reality, self made by Comodo zone!

I really don’t know why this was so incorrectly done by the developers of Comodo! :slight_smile:

This is the same link if press page 2. I have posted here and can see there :slight_smile:

Hello.

When we have added a specified host name (not the IP address) to some new or existing zone

Any IP zones should not be. Should be included only “A” and “AAAA” DNS records.

Inconvenient that this function does not work.
But it is bearable.

Hi,
When I said this under “zone” I mean Comodo’s Network Zones.

Whe I said about "not existing in reality, self made by Comodo" zone, better name it IP range.

Now clear? :slight_smile:

I can’t edit my post here… that’s why i’ll correct by a new post:

I would say about Radaghast bug report.
I’ll explain why I said that this is an incorrect implementation by Comodo developers.

When we have added a specified host name (not the IP address) to some new or existing zone, Comodo must get it’s IPs through DNS query. It gets it, but instead of to pick up them and save as list it treats the smallest IP as start of IP range and the highest IP as end of IP range for the host. That’s why many others hosts, web-sites will be included in this “not existing in reality, self made by Comodo” IP range!

I really don’t know why this was so incorrectly done by the developers of Comodo! :slight_smile:

There should not be IP zones or IP ranges. This is particulary IP list.

However, make no sense to discuss this.
You must wait until the developers will fix this defect.

Of course from DNS-query Comodo can get only IP list for specific domain. I said above: “…to pick up them and save as list…”

You mean that now COMODO saves them IP as range?

And if we get different IPs, every time we do DNS-query for some domain names, it’s better to filter only HTTP-requests only for the header HOST. Because adding a host name to the Comodo’s “Network Zone” makes sense mostly for the HTTP-requests. Or Comodo must keep track of all DNS-requests of all programs and OS and pick up all returned AA and AAAA records.

But do as it now is an incorrect implementation absolutely!