blocked at "calculating backup size"

this is my log :
"25/07/2008 at 20:37:55 | Backup “divers” started.
25/07/2008 at 20:37:55 | Created folder J:\divers
25/07/2008 at 20:37:55 | Calculating backup size…
25/07/2008 at 20:43:55 | Backup “bureau” started.
25/07/2008 at 20:43:55 | Created folder J:\bureau
25/07/2008 at 20:43:55 | Calculating backup size…
25/07/2008 at 20:44:22 | Backup “firefoxprofile” started.
25/07/2008 at 20:44:22 | Created folder J:\firefoxprofile
25/07/2008 at 20:44:22 | Calculating backup size…
25/07/2008 at 20:50:32 | Comodo BackUp started.
25/07/2008 at 20:56:51 | Comodo BackUp started.
25/07/2008 at 21:00:00 | Run Backup bureau
25/07/2008 at 21:00:00 | Backup “bureau” started.
25/07/2008 at 21:00:00 | Created folder J:\bureau
25/07/2008 at 21:00:00 | Calculating backup size…
"

Comodo Backup doesn’t backup anything… just do what you can see on the log and stop.
what’s the problem?

Hi flangad

What version of backup do you have? The latest is 1.0.4.337. Are you getting anything at all backed up? You said it doesn’t backup everything…do you mean anything? Are the folders being created as your log states? Are you compressing the backups? There is a 2 gb limit on compressed backups. It looks like you are not over that anyway just backing up folders. What are you backing up to? Is it a usb drive, a cd/dvd, a ftp backup, another computer on your LAN,or just to another folder on the same drive? What are your settings on backup? Is it a simple copy? Is it a service backup? Is it full backup or incremental? Under options do you have “stop backup at error” unchecked? What happens when you go to the “test” tab and try the test?

Enough questions for now. Let us know how it works out for you. If nothing else seems to be wrong and all your setting look good sometimes a complete uninstall and re-install is a good thing. Save your registry settings for Comodo backup and re-merge them after the new install. This will save you having to redo all your backups again.

John

latest version… i just installed it
i try on my “profesionnal PC” first, just for test (one simple backup configured), and everything was ok
then, i back home, installed the software on my personal PC, configure the 3 backup you can see in the log file, and… nothing!

sorry… i should write “don’t backup anything”… corrected
2 of the destinations folders exist befor launch backup, one no… it have been created automaticaly buy the software
no compression
backup on another hard drive in the same computer… no mobile device or CD/DVD
i try service backup or user backup… same result
incremental
i didn’t change “stop backup at error”
test log:
“26/07/2008 at 10:51:23 | BackUp bureau started in Testing Mode.
26/07/2008 at 10:51:23 | BackUp Source: F:\Documents and Settings\toto\Bureau
26/07/2008 at 10:51:23 | Excluded Directories in F:\Documents and Settings\toto\Bureau are: G:\Adlm/G:\Adobe/G:\AdobeStockPhotos/G:\Alcohol 120%/G:\applications/G:\Asauvegarder/G:\BitTorrent Downloads/G:\CarteSurTable/G:\Copie de Mes fichiers reçus/G:\CyberLink/G:\decode/G:\diablo3/G:\fourbi/G:\free/G:\genealog/G:\GPF1/G:\images CD_DVD/G:\karaoke/G:\Ma musique/G:\Mes archives de conversations/G:\Mes eBooks/G:\Mes muvees/G:\Mes réceptions TribalWeb.net/G:\Mes sites Web/G:\Mes vidéos/G:\My Playlists/G:\My Recordings/G:\navigation/G:\phonh/G:\ScanSoft PDF Professional 3.0/G:\server backup\archives/G:\server backup\Serv-U/G:\server backup\programmes/G:\stockphotos1/G:\styles/G:\telechargement/G:\temp/G:\Ulead VideoStudio SE/G:\Updater/G:\server backup\documents/
26/07/2008 at 10:51:23 | BackUp Destination: J:\bureau
26/07/2008 at 10:51:23 | Test Done Successfully”

Hi flangad

It looks like all is ok. Don’t know why it is not working. Does Comodo Backup have admin permissions? How about permission to write to disk in your firewall? As the test finishes sucessfully the settings must be alright. Is there any other security app running that would prevent a disk write?

I’m wondering if there is a limit to excludes or if it will not accept certain characters. Could you do a test without any excludes and see if that one works. If so add one or two excludes at a time and see if it backs up.

Post back and let us know. Maybe someone else can help us out as well.

John

i deleted all my backup config and created a new one. very simple: just one folder with a few files inside to backup… unfortunately, i have the same result

my configurration is very standard: windows XP SP2, simply using windows firewall, not writing restriction on the disks…

about admin permission, i guess is ok: there is only one user in my computer (auto login at startup), so i shouls have for sure admin right

i use Avira Antivir

i just uninstalled Comodo backup, restart comp, re-install, restart comp, test again: same thing
i try to backup another folder of another disk… same result

i definitly get nothing after “calculating backup size”
no backup, no information into the log, no antivirus alert or firewall alert, no event in windows envent manager, no popup…

still no-one to help me? do you think it’s a bug?

Some one will be with you soon. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

Hi flangad

I’m sorry that I am at a loss to figure out your problem. I apologize as well for not getting back to you sooner. I have thought about this quite a bit and can come up with no more ideas. I know that it works on most computers as you have already proven but there seems to be some that cannot get it to work.

Have you tried backing up to another folder on the same drive to see if it has a problem backing up to your other drive?

Keep working with it and let me know.

John

yes i 've try: i deleted all my first backup profiles (folder from a drive to another drive, including many files an Gb), and i created a new one, very simple: backup one directory with only one text file inside into another directory on the same drive. Same result! :frowning:

there is no way to see what happen? any “very detailled log” mode?

There is a log in your Comodo Backup folder CmdBkpSvc.log. I don’t think it is any more detailed than the one you get from the Backup interface Log - show full log.

John

I’ll PM the dev. lead with a link to this topic.

ewen :slight_smile:

I get the same problem.
I have a simple copy - service backup set up with copying the documents folder from 5 users on a laptop to a network drive.
When the backup is run, the logs show that everything should be backed up on the network drive, yet only one folder is seen on the network drive. I’ve run the backup multiple times and get the same result. I do have the “create directory” box checked.
The weird thing is that Comodo backup doesn’t complain and actually says the backup was complete, yet it really wasn’t.

I’ve tried incremental and full backup and get the same (non) results.

Also the email notify does not work.

Are there any fixes?

OK, I think I see what’s happening.
The files are getting backed up to the destination folder – BUT – Comodo backup is not putting the files into the same directory structure. They’re putting all the sub-folders into just one folder. Sort of dumping everything from the backup into one big bin – except one folder that does NOT come from the different users’ My Documents folder.

So, since I’m backing up 5 different users “My Documents” folders, does Comodo Backup see these as all the same and bunches them together? I would expect, that the source paths are different, that Comodo Backup should separate the users’ My Documents folders on the destination drive… Or do I just have an incorrect setting in the backup job?

I tried changing the “relative folder” name and it did nothing different at the destination drive. Well, almost nothing different…now there are many folders that are named “Document”

I thought that putting the user name in the “relative folder” box may at least separate/identiry the different users’ folders/files - but on the destination drive, all the folders have the same name - I suppose because on the source, they are all named the same, just different user paths to the “documents” folders for them.

Is there some way around this so on the destination drive, the folders can be identified to where they came from at the source?

does any of this make sense?

Hi rkhanso

It does make sense. However Backup does not seem to put the path in the backup. I don’t think that there is a workaround for it. The only way would be to rename your document folders in the source to something different (like document 1, document 2, etc.)

John