Block All Mode

Hello,

I’ve just registered to post that CIS4 is currently in Block All mode and I am still browsing with Firefox, downloading email with Thunderbird and NOD32 is still updating from the internet.

I see some others have had a similar issue in the past.

I use Windows 7 x64.

NB Block All did work at first - I tested it. It is definitely not working now.

It doesn’t happen here with Win 7 x32.

Do you have other security programs running in the background that may interfere?

Please add the required information as described in Important: how to submit bugreports (read this if you want them fixed). This makes it easier for the devs to reproduce and subsequently fix the problem.

Yes I have other security software running, but nothing that emulates or would interfere with a firewall. I appreciate you may not see this on an x86 system but all reported Block All bypass have been seen on x64 systems.

In addition, the sandbox feature caused several poblems even when disabled, namely Borderlands refused to run as the DRM module was blocked - something I could not get around; various random PC freezes requiring hard restart. These problems persisted even with the Comodo services disabled only to disappear on uninstall of CIS4.

I have reverted to version 3, which I much prefer. Much more user friendly so far as I’m concerned. It’s worth remarking that version 4 was much less informative of what it was blocking and the options available. In fact the Defense+ notifications appeared inconsistently, which suggests it was not working correctly; I only realised this on reinstalling V3.