bitcasa extension won't install (Forbidden 403 error)

Went to “Get more Extensions” and found Bitcasa. The extension installs an icon, but clicking on the icon send you to the Bitcasa portal that requires either signing in or creating an account. I’ve done both, and either option results in the following:

Forbidden (403)
CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.
You are seeing this message because this HTTPS site requires a ‘Referer header’ to be sent by your Web browser, but none was sent. This header is required for security reasons, to ensure that your browser is not being hijacked by third parties.
If you have configured your browser to disable ‘Referer’ headers, please re-enable them, at least for this site, or for HTTPS connections, or for ‘same-origin’ requests.
More information is available with DEBUG=True.

Any clue on how to go about getting past this?

Thanks in advance.

Carls

Hi Carls2,
Go to Menu, settings, show advanced settings, under privacy untick Do not allow websites to know where you came from (suppress HTTP Referrer header) and try again.
Kind regards.

That was it! Many thanks - I’ll report back to Bitcasa since I think they’re interested in this.

BTW, is this related to the little shield icon that appears at the far right of the address bar just before the error 403 appears? IMWTK.

You just gave me back my weekend. Thanks again.

Carls

You are welcome, glad that worked. :-TU
I am not sure of the questioned icon, are you able to get a screenshot or content or does it flash to quickly?
Thanks.