Hi there. Well… after the comodo disaster that locks winlogon.exe We’ve bought a new computer. (vista Home Premium , 3.2GHZ. 1024mb ram. I don’t think that that’s interesting at the moment)
But i’d like to use the old one (which is locked by comodo av) I followed your steps.
This is what’s happening now
- I add the winlogon file from the xp disk.
- I Removed C:\Windows\system32\drivers\cavasm.sys
- I reboot PC
- pressed f8 to go to the “setup” and i’ve chosen “Safe mode boot”
- Pressed enter
- Windows is starting now…
- I see the background wallpaper from the desktop
- Then (and this is my problem) i see a windows box like http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews/xp_sp2_preview_040.jpg
- In that box there’s written (in dutch, of course) Winlogon heeft fouten gegenereerd en wordt afgesloten. Which means something like “Winlogon has made a mistake and it will be closed now”
- Then i get that terrible blue screen of death.
Can somebody tell me what i did wrong, or how i can repair it?
I’ve got windows xp pro.
Thanks A lot! :BNC