Bing Search Conduit

Last week I started seeing Google open up differently with two tabs instead of one. The new second tab was Bing Search Conduit. When I did an internet search for “Bing Search Conduit” the result was page after page of anti malware program ads and a few discussions in which no one was identifying the specific file or files I would need to remove to get this off of my computer.

Does anyone know the specific file name I would be looking for to delete? Why is Commodo not identifying it as malware?

Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or can offer advice on identifying the specific file or files to remove from my computer. I would appreciate any information.

Thank you.

What browser(s) are you using that get redirected by Conduit?

It looks like some type adware. Please try scanning with Hitman Pro, Super Antispyware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware and see if they can remove it.

Thank you for the reply Eric.

I just did a scan with Malwarebytes, removed a couple of items but it is still happening. I use Google and went to the wrench icon menu and settings. My browser has been reset to include Bing. I took it off. The next time I was on the computer, it was back on. I found a start page option also on the Goggle settings and set that to their basic search page with no other tabs. The next time I was on the computer, it was back on again. Went back to the Google settings and everything had been changed.

Is this toolbar somehow flying under the radar in not acting like Malware but nevertheless hijacking my search protocol? It doesn’t seem to have a recognized signature for malware or anti virus programs to catch.

That’s why I am interested in a specific file name that I would be looking for in order to delete it off of my computer.

Please also try Super Antispyware and Hitman Pro. It is important to scan with mutiple scanners because there is too much malware being produced that no scanner can be up to date at any given point in time.

When using these scanner doesn’t work run Hijack This and post a log of it here.

Hi mountainmike,
Please follow Erics advice to check for malware type activity.
Just in case it not malicious even though it is unwanted, check your Browser extensions for any unwanted/corresponding items and remove if present.

Also check for unwanted/corresponding toolbars etc in the Control panel Add/Remove programs (Programs & Features).

Search for unusual file names created on the date this started happening.

Try a new User Profile

Hello,

for Conduit, you have to use Adwcleaner.

You can use these instructions, you don’t need to delete any files you just need to change Chrome settings:

Change your home page:

1.   Click the wrench icon on the browser

2.   Select   Settings

3.   Select the   Basics tab

4.   In the   Home page section, enter the URL of the web page you want as your default home page

*If these directions do not match your version of Chrome, please paste the following URL into your address bar: chrome://chrome/settings

Change your default search:

1.   Click the tools (wrench) icon

2.   Select   Settings

3.   In the   Search section, select your preferred search engine in the dropdown menu

4.   For more options, click   Manage search engines...

*If these directions do not match your version of Chrome, please paste the following URL into your address bar: chrome://chrome/settings

Good luck :slight_smile:

SupportEng, it’s not enough. Adwcleaner is the way to delete ALL the infection (files, registry…)