Backups not running

Yes, you understood correctly. Please let us know the results.

Yes, we will add such feature in a future version.

UAC shield means that elevation will be required (by UAC prompt) when running it. Is it possible that it’s an older version of CB or maybe the program has been set, from right click menu option, to run as administrator?

Thanks

I tried running the schedule to a removable media locally plugged into my PC. I watched the task manager for CBU.exe to run, which it did and then the process terminated itself. Nothing was written to the removable media. I setup the task using only the CB scheduler and ran it in silent mode.

I included a pic of the Comodo backup properties which show that the application is not selected to run with elevated privileges.

Do you have an uninstall script that will completely remove all file and registry keys (without leaving anything behind) or a document for the manual removal procedure ?

The installer that I used was downloaded from the website about 2 weeks or ago or so.

To determine exactly why it ran in silent mode and nothing was written, the debug logs would be usefull. They need to be collected immediately after the task is suppose to run and it doesn’t.

Checking the option to delete settings in uninstaller should be enough (see attached screenshot).

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

It seems like they only work in silent mode if you are backing up to a local disk. Backing up over the network simply does not work.

Any idea when the next update or next version will be out. This one seems buggy and unreliable.

A BETA for the next version will be available in 1 or 2 weeks.
The stable release will, most likely, be available next month.

Thanks

Can you give us any info on what has been fixed or new features that have been added ?

I really do like the product, and want to continue to use it but I need to get consistant reliable backups.

The complete log of fixes, improvements and new features will be available at the time of the release here, for BETAs, and here for public releases.

Thanks