Backup Source left pane blank!

Hello,

I have just recently started using Comodo Back v3 and sucessfully made my first backup.

Now I want to make a different type of back up, but the left pane of the Backup Source window is blank. According to the help file there should be a list of the types of back up that can be done. It was shown the first time I did a back up, now it’s disappeared.

I’ve been going round in circles with this. Can anyone help please.

Thanks
David

Hi

Please try to run the program as administrator.
If the issue persists, please post a screenshot.

Thanks

I realize this thread is getting old, but it since I am having the same problem and this thread was never resolved, I am reviving it.

Unlike the OP, the left backup source pane was never shown to me. When I went in to create my first backup, I could not figure out how to specify the files/directories I wanted to backup, and when I turned to the Google machine for assistance, I discovered that there was supposed to be something in the left pane. I have attached a screen-cap of what my program looks like when trying to create a new backup. Let me know if you need anything else. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling. My PC is a Dell Precision M4600 with Windows 7 64-bit.

Oh… and the screen-capture was taken while running the program “as Administrator.”

Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

Thank you for your message.
The problem seen you are experienced is a known issue in that version when running on a system with 120 DPI value. This problem has been fixed in version 4 (which is available for download on this forum as a release Candidate).
In version 3, in order too see the source options you need to change the DPI value to the default 96 value.

You can do this from Control Panel → Personalization → Adjust Font Size (DPI) on the left bar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update! I will give version 4 a try since I see that it was just released to the public today.