avp.exe causes many outbounds

avp.exe is a Kaspersky Antivirus process that is outbounding it’s connection heavily and that’s eating me.

Is it normal? I have 90+ outbounds connection and avp.exe is bringing about 75 out of all.

Screenshot included.

EDIT: When writing this message my outbounds hit 120!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’ve have never used Kaspersky, but do you (or anyone else) know if avp.exe is the web scanner process? (It probably is, if it starts doing this when you start browsing the web). I remember when I used to use Avast! Anti virus the web scanner process would do the same thing you’re describing here because it was acting as a proxy between your browser/the site (scanning the incoming website data). :slight_smile:

I noticed that the CIS log is slow to respond and will show more connections than are actually there. To get a better view of what connections are active try tcpview: TCPView for Windows - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn .

Please any quick-guide how to use it? I’ve read help and what was on that site, but I still don’t know what to do with this and how to observe it.

By the way, what is the difference between internet security, firewall security and proactive security? i have internet security enabled.

https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t31552.0.html

The tool works pretty straight forward. It shows a list of active connections. Just look for the avp.exe and see how many connections are active.