avira probs and superantispyware probs

win xp sp3 latest updates
pc tools firewall plus latest updates
avira antivir free latest updates
threatfire free latest updates
superantispyware free on demand scanner latest updates
malwarebytes free on demand scanner latest updates

everything was working fine. but now when i try to open superantispyware i get a blue screen with some MULTIPLE IRP error. uninstalled superantispyware and downloaded a fresh copy from official superantispyware site. cleaned registry, disk and privacy with comodo system cleaner. installed and tried updating superantispyware. during update process it gave the same prob. reinstalled and again during update process same prob.

i was doing a complete system scan with avira. at 45% got a message from avira THE REPORT CANNOT BE WRITTEN and the system hanged. restarted and tried again and again the same prob. so uninstalled avira and cleaned registry, disk and privacy with comodo system cleaner. installed and updated avira and tried complete system scan. in the middle of the scan system hanged. tried again and again system hanged. tried again but again system hanged.
(tweaked splash screen through regedit, avnotify through safemode administrator and schedule update by deleting the default and creating new ones (tweaks found in comodo forum, gizmo site and avira forum). i dont think these tweaks are responsible for the probs. i think the softwares i have mentioned are not incompatible, m i right?? try to help!! sorry little lengthy post.

thanxx
naren

Are you able to install without updating during install ?

i was doing a complete system scan with avira. at 45% got a message from avira THE REPORT CANNOT BE WRITTEN and the system hanged. restarted and tried again and again the same prob. so uninstalled avira and cleaned registry, disk and privacy with comodo system cleaner. installed and updated avira and tried complete system scan. in the middle of the scan system hanged. tried again and again system hanged. tried again but again system hanged. (tweaked splash screen through regedit, avnotify through safemode administrator and schedule update by deleting the default and creating new ones (tweaks found in comodo forum, gizmo site and avira forum). i dont think these tweaks are responsible for the probs. i think the softwares i have mentioned are not incompatible, m i right?? try to help!! sorry little lengthy post.

thanxx
naren

My bet would go to Threatfire, did you try to run a scan with TF suspended ?

Maybe it’s a good idea to run a full check disk of your drives to make sure there is no data corruption on disk.

Did you change anything else lately ?

you won the bet ronny buddy. suspending threatfire didn’t solved the prob but uninstalling threatfire solved both superantispyware and avira probs.

just want to know 1 thing.

i think the current version of threatfire has incompatibility issues. threatfire obstructed avira’s on-demand scan. is it possible threatfire obstructing avira’s on-access scan. if yes then the system can get infected.
now i am left with pctools firewall and avira as i have removed threatfire. any other good behaviour blocker??

thanxx a ton
naren

Hi Naren,

Glad you found the problem, well as being on the Comodo forum asking for behavior blocking i would recommend Comodo Internet Security, Defense+ is a much stronger but also a bit noisier behavior blocker.
But i think that would also mean that your better of switching to CIS Firewall & Defense+ i would not run PC Tools Firewall next to Defense+ it’s not a stand-alone product.

Maybe DriveSentry is an option also.

i tried drivesentry but didn’t liked it. also tried rising antivirus but didn’t liked it too. well will try CIS again. hope this time threatcast tab will appear and the ratings too will appear (threatcast never worked here)
if threatcast will work then handling defence+ popup will be little easy for the 5 average users on this system.

thanxx
naren