avast! Sandbox and Sound

[font=Verdana][font=Verdana][center]SORRY IF I PLACED THIS IN THE WRONG SECTION - I GET CONFUSED WHICH BOARD TO USE

I tried out avast! 8 and it was kinda cool, but the sandbox stopped sound from youtube video’s I had to exclude audiodg.exe in system 32 how come Comodo does not have such problems ???

P.S. This is not about avast! I just wanted to know why Comodo’s sandbox is so much more than avast! That’s why I now use Comodo Complete 6 on both PC and Laptop

As this question does seem to concern Avast, I will move it to the proper board. The issue you ran into appears to be a problem with Avast’s sandbox. Thus, I believe it will get the best support in the “Other Security Products” board.

I hope this is okay.

Well Comodo’s sandbox is a system based restriction one. It was created for the protection.

Avast sandbox is a fully virtual one outside of the system. It was really created for analyzing files.

I’m yet to see who can beat Comodo in the sandbox protection.

Also if you use Comodo Firewall 6 with Avast 8 the Comodo sandbox will be first to take over Avast sandbox.

Only the default automatic sandbox is restriction based. The manual sandbox has always been fully virtualized as well as allowing for restrictions to be placed on sandboxed processes.

I only talked about the automatic sandbox… :slight_smile: