I’m using the latest (free) version of CIS, and since upgrading to win10 CIS doesn’t seem to update its AV database automatically anymore.
So every other day I get a win popup telleing me my pc is unprotected. I have to manually update to solve the problem. The updating process runs without any problems, but it is very annoying and shouldn’t happen. I can’t seem to find anything in the settings to make it run automacially again.
Can anyone help me with this?
Try the following. First make a system restore point (for just in case).
Then do the following:
- disable the update task in CIS
- delete the task in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache
- delete the task in Task Scheduler
- delete the task in c:\Windows\Tasks when present
- enable the update task in CIS
Does the above do the trick for you?
Did the tasks listed above… - as the “Topic Description” is very similar to my other post…
THIS PROCESS DID NOT allow updates to come down.