AV database problem since updating to v581

Hi,

A small summary of the steps I followed.

1. After restart

i. Program doesn’t start automatically. (no entries in msconfig Services/Startup)

1. Double click CIS icon on desktop.

--------------------------- Critical Error ! --------------------------- COMODO Internet Security does not seem to be started or installed properly. Do you want to start diagnostics utility to fix the problem?
When I press 'Yes', I get:
--------------------------- Problems Detected! --------------------------- The diagnostics utility has found some problems with your installation. Would you like to fix them? ---------------------------

Again selecting ‘Yes’, gives the following message after completion.

The diagnostics utility has fixed all the problems. You may need to restart your PC.

1. After restart

CIS only shows the Firewall.

1. Start > All Programs > COMODO > COMODO Internet Security > Uninstall or Upgrade

Add/Remove > Install COMODO Antivirus (recommended)

At the end of upgrade I get a Windows error:

COMODDO Internet Security has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Conclusion:
I have Firewall running fine without the AV.

Current product no: 3.13.126709.581

Update:

I installed another antivirus and did a full drive scan and got 3+ virus. After the reboot, now I have COMODO AV running without the firewall. (still with the message 'Virus signature database is not up-to-date) But there’s an improvement, the Virus Database Updater moves beyond the 5% and is stuck at 30%.

For the time being I’m switching to a linux distro.

In CIS 3.x, it’s always stuck at 30 % until the update has been downloaded. Then it begins to move again.
That is improved in CIS 4. :wink:

Cool feature :D/ I thought there was something wrong with my installation.
I’ll update it again. :slight_smile:

You can see on the tray icon that data is being downloaded, and if you open Active Connections, you can see how much cmdagent has downloaded. The first time CIS updates, it downloads this file (~93 mb). :wink:

Thank you for the tip! Finally I was able to update it! But the firewall is still missing.

Product Version: 3.13.126709.581
Virus Signature: 3590

If I try adding Firewall using the Uninstall/Upgrade option, I get error.

COMODDO Internet Security has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

May be enough for this week, I’ll restart debugging next week :slight_smile:

Thank you once again.

Btw, ‘Active Connections’ as in Network Connection icon in the tray?

Have you tried Miscellaneous, Diagnostics? What does it say?

Sorry, of course you can’t see network traffic without the firewall installed. :smiley:

Can’t get you the correct message (on linux) but the Diagnostic Utility gave something like, ‘No errors detected’.

Then I’m not sure you can do anything, except to uninstall, use this clean-up tool, and install CIS again. :-\

Maybe you can get better advices if you post here, but reinstall might be the easiest solution. :wink: 88)

Surprise, surprise!! :slight_smile:

After a shutdown (and a great weekend) finally I have new tab in COMODO - ‘FIREWALL’!

Now I have a total of 5 tabs

• SUMMARY
  • ANTIVIRUS
  • FIREWALL
  • DEFENSE+
  • MISCELLANEOUS

Product Version: 3.13.126709.581
Virus Signature: 3636

Ran a full computer scan and it detected 9 more threats.

Hope things are alright now.

Many thanks JoWa for your time and support!

You’re welcome. :wink:

I’m glad that everything is working! :-TU