- Automatic, and in fact, any update of CIS resets my scheduled scan preferences (I don’t want any scheduled scans!). Other preferences, e.g. Comodo Message Centre are also reset.
- I delete the scheduled scans item because this PC is on 24/7 recording video and AV file scanning causes lost frames and audio discontinuities.
- I expect my preferences to be retained after an update.
- This has happened many times and is becoming a major nuisance because the default scheduled scan happens late at night when I’m not here to do anything about it.
NO Files appended
- CIS version 5.3.181415.1237 AV database version 8118
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
b) if so, have you tried reinstalling (if not please do)?: N/A
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: Yes
b) if so, have U tried a preset config (if not please do)?: Yes
- Ave you made any other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security level: D+=Safe, Sandbox=Enabled, Firewall=Safe, AV=Stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows XP, SP3, 32 bit, None in XP, Admin account. Yes, correct.
- Other security and utility software installed: nil
- Virtual machine used: nil