Automatic Update

Previously it was disabled i.e Automatic update/upgrade.

Now the latest version enables the Automatic update/upgrade again. Why you guys enabled it?

The notification default was good. An extra running process for update/upgrade no need.

Edit - Even after disabling the automatic updates under settings & restarting the system, the automatic updater process of dragon is still active under taskmanager?

XP SP3 32 Bits

Hi Naren,
Even with Auto updates disabled Dragon will notify you if updates are available.
You can disable the service in Windows services if these alerts are not required.

I think the installer should come with the option of disabling automatic update when we set-up the browser,after every update we have to disable the service which is not quite good,its more like chrome which i do not prefer,i like the old way of dragon just notifying about the update and we then download and install it,please update the installer with the setting change.

+1

I agree. Even if you select to disable automatic updates the service for automatic updates still ends up running and has to be disabled manually in windows services. Then again after an update.

+1

I think the installer should come with the option of disabling automatic update when we set-up the browser,after every update we have to disable the service which is not quite good,its more like chrome which i do not prefer,i like the old way of dragon just notifying about the update and we then download and install it,please update the installer with the setting change.
+1

+1

I feel that this “+1” is overdoing it.
It has meaning, even though it seems to be too excessive, and I would also like to say that I agree with the quote.

I am not finding this {problem}or{effect}. Let me make a quick check in “Options”:
“Automatic installation of updates is disabled…”,
Only way to know differently is that the next time an update is available I may be forced to involuntarlty receive it. So far, there is a button for "Enable"ing automatic updating.

You are so right.