Auto update cannot disable [I54]

Hi!

Auto update for database cannot disable. Still updating automatically even it is already disabled from settings.

I uninstall - reinstall - manual update - disable auto update - disable schedule scan - still the same.
Download the latest installer - uninstall - install using the latest installer - manual update - disable auto update - disable schedule scan - still the same.

I thought all along it was only me. But I installed this to all of my neighbors pc/laptop and recommended to pc guy whose installed this to their work place.

The pc guy removed all cis because auto updating cannot disable. All of my neighbors complaining from time to time for slow internet. They call some guy and removed cis and their internet now are normally fast.

I was pretty sure that auto update cannot disable. Because i test it my self. Yes it is disabled somehow but it would auto update somehow also even i am not scanning manually or even a virus is found.

Auto update should be disabled. Because it would cause bad internet experience due to lagging by downloading huge update file. We could update it manually by using manually downloaded database file.

Sincerely yours,

mia

This is strange. I had thought this issue was fixed a long time ago. Regardless, please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided in this post. I can then better understand the situation, and perhaps offer advice.

Also, that format ensures that enough information will be provided that the devs will be able to replicate, and thus fix, this issue.

Thank you.

PM reminder sent.

For the time being I will move this to the Non-Format Verified board.

Topics in this board are rarely looked at by the devs, and even if they are it is unlikely the devs can fix the bugs reported. The reason is providing all of the requested information, along with the required files, ensures that the devs have enough information to understand and identify the bug. Thus, without this it becomes very difficult to replicate a bug such as yours.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.