Auto sandboxing - CIS 10 behavior

Hello all,

I have a question on sandboxing if I uncheck the “Auto” mode, will I receive a pop up to ask me, following the predifined rules, if I want to sandbox an application or not ?

Regards

No, this will disable the Auto-sandbox (containment)
but you can still right click and sandbox stuff manually.

You can only configure CIS so that it will ask for programs that requires admin priviliges.

[x] Do not Show Privilage elevation alerts: Run inside the container.
By disable this option, CIS will make CIS ask you what you want to do with a program that requires admin priviliges.

[ ] Do not Show Privilage elevation alerts: Run inside the container.

This wish is Verified, but you can still go here and Vote your opinion here.

!ot!
You can also try COMODO Cloud Antivirus instead of CIS
In CCAV you have a way to configure it to: ask for untrusted applications

but the danger of this option that the user might accidentally miss click on Run outside the sandbox, instead of Run inside the sandbox, so the best option to leave it at Sandbox all untrusted applications

If you click Run Outside Sandbox (CCAV wont give u a Confirm Promt that you want to confirm this choice) and it will run outside the sandbox.
Note: the green check mark will mislead you, its the dangerous option, not the safe one.
https://forums.comodo.com/waiting-area-please-cast-your-votes-ccav/change-so-ccav-show-the-right-color-for-the-for-the-safe-option-at-sandbox-alert-t116513.0.html

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The reason why I posted this question is that, when activating autosandbox, I had several bad surprises… BSODs for instance whan trying to laucnh minecraft x64… All of my drivers are up to date, my PC is safe, so I prefer to be asked what action can I take, depending on what I do.

I would say that I’m a bit disapointed with this new release (10.x) compared to 8.x. I had no problems with 8.x but 10.x give me several issues I have to get rid off…

Regards