At what point do we change from V2.4 to V3

Currently I am still running V2.4, for me it is stable and more importantly for me it is user friendly - basically i’ve downloaded it and don’t have to fiddle with it.
I am still reading problems associated with V3 with defence + and people who are concerned that they haven’t got their network rules correct ensuring they are adequetly protected. As a novice I rely totally on the ‘brains of the outfit’ to smooth over and resolve any problems before I install it. [ I’m the sort of install and forget person ]

So here’s the thing - at what point to we, who are using V2.4 have no option but to upgrade because the level of protection for V 2 is no longer available, particularly now that we no longer receive any updates we will naturally get left behind as everything else is evolving. [ if that makes sense ]

Well this is a user choice, if you are fine with version 2 then I would keep version 2, however version 3 does have more features, and offers more options of protection. But, once again, this is your choice, if version 2 does everything you need it to keep it until you are personally ready for version 3. Yes, there are some bugs that are being fixed in version 3, but they are being fixed quickly. So if you are fine with version 2, I would recommend you keep version 2.

However, you cannot purchase the Comodo A-VSMART warranty for version 2.

Justin

So here's the thing - at what point to we, who are using V2.4 have no option but to upgrade because the level of protection for V 2 is no longer available, particularly now that we no longer receive any updates we will naturally get left behind as everything else is evolving. [ if that makes sense ]
I think if Comodo was supporting v2.4, they would've tested that network-rule BU utility program for 2.4 and either made it an official download or certified it, somehow. On several other computer boards, I'm reading that quite a few firewall users are uninstalling 3.0 because of lot of it's problems and complaining about it not being user friendly. I run both 2.4 and 3.0 depending on which drive I have installed at the time. I haven't had any major problems with either except 3.0 definitely doesn't play well with KAV no matter if I installed KAV 1st or not, so since I had a years worth of KAV paid for (and I'd probably be running NOD32 if it wasn't so overpriced to it's competitors), I use it with 2.4. I do think that the 2.4 GUI is more user friendly for the someone who is not a computer/software expert. I still think there's room for both 2.4 and 3.0, as 2.4 would make a good entry level firewall for those who don't either have the expertise or just flat don't want to take time to hassle with 3.0. IMO, if Comodo kept 2.4 as a learning/entry firewall the first thing they need to do is incorporate a function directly into the FW so when these network rules disappear (which they will at one point or another), they can be easily imported back w/o running 'script.

I agree with jrz10 that it would be good if v2.4 was retained , after all all the hard work has been done turning it into a solid performer and us ’ non techies’ feel comfortable with a system that works for us . I accept what Justin has said about personal choice , but I was trying to make the point that at some stage this version will be obsolete because technology will have moved on - if i could keep it I would .

Whoa!! No A-VSMART for version 2??!
This is a travesty!!
88)

+1
:-TU