At least 15 mins before I can connect to the internet- on broadband!

Hi,
A while ago I was having problems with my connection to the internet, but after posting my problems, I eventually solved them with some help.
I’m using V3.0.20.320 with XP sp2 on broadband behind a lynksys wireless router. Everything has been running very well for the last few months. I haven’t installed anything new, except anti-virus and anti-spyware updates, but suddenly, after switching on my machine I am unable to connect to the internet.
I have checked my comodo logs and connections and they often don’t show any activity - not even from svchost even tho’ it is “allowed” - or occasionally they do show outbound activity but nothing inbound. This is a new problem. I did have a very occasional problem like this and after a reboot all was well, but now sometimes it takes 2 reboots and a long wait.
I’ve tried searching other posts to see if anyone else’s had a similar problem but couldn’t find anything. If I’ve missed anything perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?
I’ve noticed that there is a newer version of comodo out now (not the beta) is it worthwhile changing to that?
If I do change to the updated version, is there a way to save some of the application rules I’ve used? My memory is not what it was so I may not remember exactly what worked and what didn’t!
Thanks for any help,
Souzapet

Your always better off using the latest version. You can export your setting under Miscellaneous. Be sure you do a complete uninstall of Comodo. Use Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode. Do not install Comodo till you are sure your internet is working fine. Then reboot again and install Comodo.

Long timeouts on a reboot make it sound like there is a DHCP or routing problem. From a command prompt, run “ipconfig /all” to see the address of your Windows network interface.

What I’m suspecting, is that DHCP is failing initially, and your PC is getting an address in the 169.254.x.x range. Windows will retry DHCP after a few minutes (typically about 10 minutes), and then give you a real address if the DHCP connection succeeds. You’ll need to watch your interface address just after a boot when you can’t get a connection, and then later when things start working. If you see a change, then there is a DHCP problem.