astlog.exe preventing system restore [v?]

On trying to roll back to an earlier system restore point, I get a message that C:.…\Comodo\Comodo internet Security\quarantine\astlog.exe Failed to extract - and the entire restore failed. EVERY restore point I have tried gives this error. I suspect that something in ccleaner may have removed something that it shouldn’t have.

Any ideas?

I really need to restore to an earlier point as a program that was recently installed is corrupt. I cannot uninstall or use it.

Look, there’s a record in quarantine.
Before restoring - delete the entries in quarantine. (If it is there, it will give a warning).

Normally astlog.exe is part of Nirsoft utilities, did you happen to have those installed?
This specific ‘tool’ is used to find the password behind the **** not sure why it fails though, maybe need to set AV to disabled during restore?

Please edit your first post so it follows the format provided in this post.

This will allow us to better ascertain whether this is a bug or not. Also, if it does turn out to be a bug, this is the required format for bug reports. If that format is not strictly followed it cannot be forwarded to the Comodo devs.

Thus, please ensure that your first post follows the correct format.

Thank you.

PM sent

No rush on this - I was able to plug the Hard drive into another system and delete the program that I needed to that I think is corrupt. But due to having to troubleshoot this, I am behind and it may be a few days before I can get back to this. :cry:

@Ronny - yes, I have Nirn installed on a USB that was plugged in at the time. When I get a chance I will try it with Nirn removed.

@Jenny66 - That was one of the things I tried - it didn’t work though.

Thanks for the suggestions. :-TU

Just to check, are you ready to make a report (in standard format) now?

Best wishes


Okay, for the time being I will move this bug report into the Non Format Issue Reports section. As soon as you are able to edit the report into the standard form please send me a PM and I can move it back.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments, so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you. PM sent.

Actually, upon reading this again, I’m not convinced that it’s a CIS bug. This may be an indication of Windows problems. Thus, I’ll move this to a more helpful section of the forum, in case you’re still experiencing the problems.