first of all, I’d like to thank you guys to creating trust online.
strange configuration flow - files are automatically added to trusted files,
when it should be regarded unrecognized and sandboxed.
1. What you did:
I was practicing assembly language and made some executable.
2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
bunch of a single executable (I assembled many times) is made trusted by COMODO.
3. What you expected to happen or see:
my executables should be sandboxed, as it didn’t exist in this world before
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
I removed all the minimum.exe and purged list, tried to execute it again, and it’s sandboxed.
when i assembled it with Administrator privilege,
CIS automatically trusts this newly created file. strange ???
5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes?:
I have no idea 88)
6. Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link:
minimum.exe(source code below) (such an awful executable it is!! LOL)
7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
- install masm32
- make an executable with administrator privilege
- try to execute it via command prompt
8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
MASM32 downloads : http://www.masm32.com/masmdl.htm
source code : here
a pic which may help to reproduce the problem : I used this build option.
sorry, I’m dumb so I can’t provide any technical information. thanks.
1. Screenshots illustrating the bug:
2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list:
the CIS log doesn’t contain any clue about auto-trusting file.
3. A CIS config report or file.
CIS Configuration exported
4. Crash or freeze dump file:
1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
NO AV, I don’t use CAV
2. Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4, if so have you tried reinstalling?:
No, it’s a fresh install of CIS V5.
3. Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS, if so have U tried a preset config?:
4. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level:
5. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
Windows 7, 32-bit, UAC always, Administrator privilege
6. Other security and utility software running:
Trustport antivirus(testing), CTM, Sandboxie
7. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):
No virtualbox, however I use it for my safety ;D
any informations, PM me and I’ll try. thanks in advance.
[attachment deleted by admin]