Ask Comodo Firewall & Defense +Free

1. If i remove comodo firewall using its uninstall option? should it remove all remnants of comodo FW?

2. Can i install comodo firewall in offline mode? i mean no internet connection? because i noticed that after installing comodo it always check using Cloud based?

What will happen my running application because i have no internet connection?

1. I cant really understand Cloud Based in Comodo firewall?
    On every starting windows is Comodo Firewall cloud based always check to your server for my running application?

The installer does a good job uninstalling. In case of doubt you can always run this unofficial clean up tool after uninstalling and subsequent reboot.

2. Can i install comodo firewall in offline mode? i mean no internet connection? because i noticed that after installing comodo it always check using Cloud based?

What will happen my running application because i have no internet connection?

You can install it in off line mode. There is no problem with that.

3. I cant really understand Cloud Based in Comodo firewall? On every starting windows is Comodo Firewall cloud based always check to your server for my running application?
If a file has been looked up in the cloud and it is found safe it is then moved to the local white list in Trusted Files so it won't be looked up again next time. CIS will first check the local white list before it will consult the cloud.

Thanks for the reply.

I trust you and i will not use the un-install utility.

Actually i have mess up the Comodo FW settings and i noticed that their is no option for default settings.

I will uninstall it then reinstall it again.

Also i will try to install it on offline mode because the router is infected with conflicker worm.

They dont want to reformat the computer which is infected.

I have no access to the router to reset it because it is use for business matter.

Tnx.

I am not sure what you mean here. Are considering not to use the uninstaller to uninstall Comodo? That’s not recommended.

Actually i have mess up the Comodo FW settings and i noticed that their is no option for default settings.

I will uninstall it then reinstall it again.

The default settings are around. In the CIS installation folder you can find factory default configurations as .cfgx files. You can import them under More → Manage My Configurations. I suggest to import a configuration under a different name like f.e. CIS My Default Proactive Security and not overwrite a current configuration.

Also i will try to install it on offline mode because the router is infected with conflicker worm.

They dont want to reformat the computer which is infected.

I have no access to the router to reset it because it is use for business matter.

Tnx.

In that case it is best to set CIS to stealth settings using the Stealth Ports Wizard and choosing Block all incoming connections and make my ports stealth for everyone.

And since it propagates using NETBIOS disable this following How to disable NetBIOS on the Internet Adapter for Windows 2000/XP/2003.

I mean clean up tool.

Mostly Software leave traces even uninstalling it on add remove programs… To completely remove the remnants we need a clean up tool.

Im not really sure but that settings Block all incoming connections and make my ports stealth for everyone Stealth wizard have cause my online games not to work?

Could you explain it to me this settings? This only blocks or hides a network computers WORM VIRUS? how about using internet? It have no effect on my internet connections?

On my understanding the effect of block all incoming connection is at global rules right?

Please help me on this to correct my settings

Which should be correct to block the WORM VIRUS

or

a. I have tested a Comodo FW with no internet and the cause is a mess.
After rebooting i plug the RJ45 and many pop ups appearing… Option Should allow or block it.

b. I try again with internet connected in installing and cloud based check all my application after rebooting i have no pop ups.

On my 1st post i was asking on starting windows should the cloud check my application but the answer is no.

New updates ive been infected AGAIN with worm conflicker virus! my global rules is the Number 1 image.

4 Times to reformat again =(

You need to set Global Rules as in the second picture not to be blocking incoming traffic by default. Before you hook up your computer to the network you must disable NETBIOS as that is what gets targeted by Conficker.

Can you update your Windows with another internet connection? That way your Windows gets up to date and protected before you need to hook up to the infected router again.

Thanks.

I only install FW and block Ip from mac any to mac any where protocol is any.

I think the best thing to do is to update your Windows on another internet connection. That way you are sure you are not getting compromised before you managed to update Windows (and get the needed protection).