ARP Protocol blocked?

I want to mention that i have Enabled ARP Spoofing and I have cable internet. I also have filter loopback traffic and block fragmented IPs enabled.

Application: windows operating system Action: Blocked Target: In Protocol: ARP The Source and Destination are both the same IP addresses.

My question is, is this a safe process thats being blocked? I noticed when this happens sometimes my modem resets or loses internet connection.

This also happened another time and the source and destination were the same and it was an IP listed under Home Network Zone.

Can someone please assist me.

ARP is only necessary when IP traffic utilizes MAC address instead of IP address.

From the Wiki:

ARP spoofing is a technique whereby an attacker sends fake ("spoofed") Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) messages onto a Local Area Network. Generally, the aim is to associate the attacker's MAC address with the IP address of another host (such as the default gateway), causing any traffic meant for that IP address to be sent to the attacker instead.

ARP spoofing may allow an attacker to intercept data frames on a LAN, modify the traffic, or stop the traffic altogether. Often the attack is used as an opening for other attacks, such as denial of service, man in the middle, or session hijacking attacks.

The attack can only be used on networks that make use of the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP), and is limited to local network segments.

So unless you believe that an attacker can have physical presence w/in your LAN, ARP spoof protection is wholly unecessary. ARP spoofing can’t occur in the cloud, in that ARP spoof corrupts the MAC / IP address table of the default gateway. IP address in the cloud can not be part of your LAN, and your LAN IP are not routable in the cloud.

If the source and destination address are the same then there is nothing to worry about. You are not under attack. The logging is awkward.