Are trusted files excluded from scan?

Hi there,

Are the files in the trusted files list under Defense+ excluded from antivirus scanning like in the excluded files list? I ask this because Comodo automatically adds files to the trusted files list, but those files (mainly windows dlls and exes) can still be hijacked.

Cheers

That would break their code-sign signature and should render them ‘untrusted’.

Oh right, I should’ve thought of that. 88)

Sorry for the silly question and thanks.

No problem, and remember there are no silly questions.

And this also avoids the FP’s & recurring FP’s if the files are in trusted files as trusted files are not scanned, m I right?

Thanxx
Naren

That isn’t necessarily true, if a file is not signed but moved to trusted files list it’s based on it’s hash, now if an update for the same filename arrives the hash won’t match and you could end up with multiple entries of the same tool on the list, just because their hashes are different.

What I meant was any file in the trusted list is not scanned, right? So suppose CAV is giving FP on Skype 10 but if Skpe 10 is already in the trusted list then it will not be scanned & the FP is avoided, right?

Thanxx
Naren

Right, I just re-tested this and that is true.

So suppose CAV is giving FP on Skype 10 but if Skpe 10 is already in the trusted list then it will not be scanned & the FP is avoided, right?

Thanxx
Naren

That’s also true.

Thanxx for the info.

Regards
Naren