Are Mozilla Firefox Security Vulnerabilities The Same As Comodo Ice Dragon?

Are Mozilla Firefox Security vulnerabilities the same as Comodo Ice Dragon?

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/bulletins/SB13-021.html

IceDragon is just firefox with a few Comodo widgets added. Anything that affects the the firefox core will need to patched by Mozilla.

Really? I thought it’s more secure then FF.

In what way?

IDK details, I just thought Comodo added some security stuff there. If it is not so then why just to make a replica of FF?

BTW the citation from the Comodo site:
“IceDragon features several tweaks to the core Firefox build to improve both security and performance. These include the removal of crash report and performance data submissions, the removal of the snippets service, an all new update module and many other under-the-hood enhancements. We think this make IceDragon the fastest and most secure version of Firefox around.”

So it must be more secure, isn’t it?

I guess it could be argued that they do make it more secure by adding DNS and and web inspector but I really would be surprised if they make fundamental changes to the core code.

…don’t worry - be happy…

That doesn’t help anyone, as no data about why the product crashed are submitted to Mozilla - there again, it’s not a Mozilla product, so it would be pointless to include these features - regardless, these things can be turned off in firefox anyway.

the removal of the snippets service

If you don’t want to use snippets (microformats) don’t.

an all new update module

Well, yes. It’s from a third-party, so it’s pointless updating from Mozilla.

and many other under-the-hood enhancements.

Ok…Anyone have a list? (apart from DNS, Web inspector and a couple of social media buttons)

We think this make IceDragon the fastest and most secure version of Firefox around."

Define fastest and most secure.

So it must be more secure, isn't it?

Must be.