Are Comodo Internet Security is REALLY FREE and why cannot competite with OTHERS

Hi All,

Few years ago when i heard about comodo. it sound like a better antivirus, then i tried once but sadly the firewall blocked everything until i cant surf, then i decided to try norton and stay with it quite few year then i moved to PC-Cillin, until one day i heard an free antivirus (that was AVG antivirus) coming up and try to install to one of my client, suddenly when i browse to my pc (with pc-cillin) from my client pc (with avg), the avg alert a virus found in my pc although i being using pc-cillin for 2 years and doing daily update and daily scan and not alert me anything. then i move all my client (sorry to inform, i an IT for my company for more 50workstations) to AVG free.

Reason why i use AVG because its free and my company cannot afford paid antivirus for over 50 workstations in company, plus paid antivirus have to renew every years where we do not do surfing only using skype for internal communication across the state. BUT AVG is risky because it it free for personal usage and frankly what i do is illegal but i have no choice.

last few day, my network being attacked by worm but my avg did not alert any virus found, then i tries all free antivirus like bitdefender, avira etc… but none respond that exe is a virus, then i remember comodo and let see is comodo can do…

finally, comodo is detected that exe is a virus and i happy install 2-3 of my workstation and i found good thing in comodo where; it equipped with firewall and giving the perfect of internet security.

BUT ONE BIG QUESTION MARK IN MY HEAD…

1. ARE I LEGAL TO USE THIS COMODO INTERNET SECURITY IN MY 50s WORKSTATION AT MY OFFICE FOR FREE??
  2. IF CIS IS FREE WHY IT NOT ONE OF THE TOP FREE ANTIVIRUS BEHIND AVIRA & AVG??

PLEASE ANSWER A.S.A.P

TQ

In firewall testing, CIS is number one:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

Also, all AV software, including Norton, Comodo, … every single AV software out there cannot find every virus in existence, so your best defense is prevention which is what CIS provides. It will alert you when things look suspicious so you can stop threats from even installing on your system. So, what I am getting at is that it is good that you found an AV that was able to detect that worm. I am more glad that it was Comodo. :slight_smile: Comodo AV is getting better and better and Melih (the CEO of Comodo) is hoping to make it the best AV/Firewall out there. Everyone here is waiting for CIS 4 to come out because it’s promised to be the next huge thing.

CIS is free for all, it’s mentioned somewhere on their website. You can get the Live Support service which allows Comodo to access your PC to help remove viruses, but it is not required to buy. You can use the full CIS for free for the life of the product. :slight_smile:

Hope this answers your questions. I am a bit too busy at the moment to find the reference on the web page about it being free.

Cheers.

Couldn’t have said it better. CIS is free for personal use and for businesses.

best regards,
eXPerience

so then… nothing i cant say… its totally perfect for us… hopefully you show market this cis as wide as cant so you could beat others antivirus as well including kaspersky and stupid norton software too…

Being free does not allow a big marketing budget, so those of us who know the power of CIS do our best to spread the word. You can make a difference by encouraging others to use it.

i do understood where, to spread cis using marketing budget come a big fund where it goes after a big fund come after paying the programmer time… but something must be done to spread this very excellence internet security…

think… think…

anyway does the easyvpn are free for business too?

Rizalstudio, I hope you will visit this page.
https://forums.comodo.com/help_spread_the_word_official_comodo_banners_and_logos/banners_and_buttons_to_promote_comodo-t3824.0.html
It really helps if people who are not Comodo employees visit sites like TechSpot and Download.com and put in a good word for Comodo–other readers believe and trust you.

CIS is free at Download Antivirus for Mac | Free Antivirus Software for Mac
Of course we also appreciate it if administrators who like Comodo’s award-winning protection consider Endpoint Security Manager. Endpoint Security Manager offers the same firewall with Defense+ HIPS and antivirus, with central administration. The first five endpoints are free. Endpoint Security Solutions | Advanced Endpoint Protection Suite

I need to know how Comodo have been able to give us professional software for years for free with constant updates and support? How is this possible? I need to know because it has been bugging me since I started using Comodo Firewall which is better than all other firewalls but it is free, how come Comodo?

Thanks

Its ok I found it

https://forums.comodo.com/new_member_information/why_offer_products_for_free-t2672.0.html

:smiley: