'Arcname' in file path in alert

Some D+ alerts have ‘Arcname’ in the file path. Occurs in CIS v3.8.65951.477.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Are you using an Acer computer? I sorta recall Acer has its own way of keeping an eye and securing a computer. What files are in that folder? A bunch of .sys files?

The .sys files are in my Windows\System32\drivers folder. I should have been more clear in my first post. The bug is that ‘arcname’ is being used instead of the correct folder.

Same thing here. It happens when I launch the Device Manager. I’ve built the PC myself, so it’s not an Acer computer. ‘Arcname’ only appears in the svchost.exe-alerts when I launch the Device Manager. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bug, but I’d appreciate if someone could shed some light on what ‘Arcname’ is.

Tried a little Google search. I found an article in the Microsoft KB:
BOOT.INI and ARC Path Naming Conventions and Usage . This article was linked by this one How To Create a Boot Disk for an NTFS or FAT Partition in Windows

ARC is short for Advanced RISC Computing. IIrc RISC is short for Reduced Instruction Set Computer. Are both of you using a non standard CPU using RISC?

I get these also(or should i say did)…same thing Arcname\Drivers or something,can`t find any such folder.

I`ll see if i still get them with 3.9…

Wonder if there`s something we all have in common!! Dual-boot maybe?

Matt

p.s. Sometimes they seem to appear completely out of the blue ???

I am using a standard x86 processor.

Standard x86 processor here too, no dual-boot either.

I remember the alert now,it was services.exe is trying to modify the protected file/folder… .sys

The default for services to access rights/modify/allowed protected files/folders was .sys but i removed that and that is when i started getting the alerts.
Now the default for services.exe(proactive) is Allow(gonna change to ask to see what happens)

Ver 3.9 Standard x86

That is the same scenario in which I encountered this issue.